Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 08:56 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,905,308 times

Advertisements

it's irrellevent, especially if they are looking for a loan mod.. you have to be late on payments... I would never disclose any information to a tenant regarding my ownership.. As the above posters mentioned, you are safe as long as you have a lease... and house vs. apt.... really?

i have 3 properties, if you asked me that, i'd tell you to hit the road.... you can lose your job faster than i can lose a house..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 08:57 PM

215 posts, read 348,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberGuy View Post
Actually, my landlords did--first thing that came out of their mouth once they saw how much I was making and what a qualified renter I was... Besides, you can easily find out (as it is public info) whether there's a mortgage on a property in Clark County or not--at least as long as the mortgage is not through private party (in which case still most are recorded at the county level anyway)... Again, try Zillow.com and if you are savvy enough from there you can figure out the rest...

Your landlords are rare birds. You must have really liked them.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:09 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,359,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by localinsight View Post
Good idea. Will call that rep. Back & see what I can find out.
Do you know where to find out who really owns property

that is very easy in Clark County Nevada

Property Records

Old 02-18-2013, 09:15 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,758,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
that is very easy in Clark County Nevada

Property Records
I have that site bookmarked.. but doesn't show if they paid cash, have a mortgage, are in foreclosure, etc.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_Eagan View Post
I have that site bookmarked.. but doesn't show if they paid cash, have a mortgage, are in foreclosure, etc.

He asked how to find the owners of real property in Clark County, hence my reply.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
He asked how to find the owners of real property in Clark County, hence my reply.
Ah, got it.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:27 PM

Does anyone here know what information would be relevant to a potential renter on the Property Record site other than whether the owner's name is Bob or Joe? Most of the rentals I have interest in are owned by corporations, some foreign and some domestic. Just curious as to what "red flags", if any, may present themselves on that page.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:46 PM

107 posts, read 231,035 times
Quote:
Out of curiosity, I see that Zillow lists the tax info as well as sales history, but I can't seem to see if the owner who purchased the house in 2003 is current on the mortgage or whether it is about to go (or is in) foreclosure..
You have to do a bit more digging at the Recorder's website to look for any mortgages that were obtained right when the deed was recorded or to see if any outstanding mortgage has been satisfied... I must admit, I did underestimate the technical level needed to dig up that kind of info, but it's certainly available to the public...

Old 02-18-2013, 09:48 PM

107 posts, read 231,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy506 View Post
Your landlords are rare birds. You must have really liked them.
The other way around--they really liked me... I did not even ask if they owned it outright or not (I already knew), but they volunteered as part of their marketing.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Does anyone here know what information would be relevant to a potential renter on the Property Record site other than whether the owner's name is Bob or Joe? Most of the rentals I have interest in are owned by corporations, some foreign and some domestic. Just curious as to what "red flags", if any, may present themselves on that page.

None that i can think of off hand. You can tell if it's a private individual, a company, that sort of thing but there is no information there to throw up any cautions. If you see that a bank is the owner, check the "prior and present" owner option and you can probably deduce that there was a foreclosure.

One can find mortgage information in some states but it is a more complicated process. You can also check District Court for Lis Pendens filings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas