Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 02:38 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,792,180 times

Advertisements

There was much discussion some years ago...

emailed the Las Vegas Police Department with a link to the video. The response from the Office of Public Information was, in part:

"This video WAS staged in Las Vegas on the corner of Las Vegas Blvd and
Sahara about 8 to 10 years ago. The LVMPD was not aware of the incident
until after it took place, and after an investigation, it was determined
to have been staged."

-Rogue

From a Snopes thread.

There was some links on the RJ but that appears gone.

The attack is Sahara and LV Blvd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 06:52 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,097 times
Saw that guy on the news a few years ago, he was suing the maker of those movies, along with a few other bums. I don't believe in taking advantage of those people. There is one bum over on Maryland that I make sure I pack some food for him in my lunch box everyday. If things went differently that could easily be me out there. I often talk to the bums/homeless whatever we call them. Some of them are very nice.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:05 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,151,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
This wasn't fake

And it wasn't a "bum fight", it was an extremely viscous attack on a passerby that could have had fatal ramifications. And, it looks like it happened near that nasty little area known as "Naked City" (surprise, surprise).

I still think that area is dangerous and will be for some time until there is some radical gentrification there.
Look in the background of the video, it wasn't Naked City. Naked City doesn't get busy traffic like that.

Posted from Nokia 8210

Old 03-04-2013, 07:28 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,096,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Look in the background of the video, it wasn't Naked City. Naked City doesn't get busy traffic like that.

Posted from Nokia 8210
ACTUALLY, what has been known as Naked City [after an old TV show] is the area BEGINNING at LVBS and SAHARA [NW Corner of the street] It runs NORTH to Wyoming and WEST to industrial road....

In actuality it is the area BEHIND LVBS over to Indistrial, the Motels and Shops and the Stratosbarf are NOT n the 'Naked City" area

It used to be small apartments 2,4,6,8 units with a small park in the center of it. The units were occupied primarily by dealears and cocktail waitresses with a smattering of hookers...was a PERFECTLY safe place to live albiet a little rundown and low rent, up until about 1978 it is NOWHERE like what kitwhatever trys to make it out to be, but it does have a preponderance of dealers [drugs not cards] and hookers [sex not rugs] i would feel PERFECTLY safe in there at 12 noon and marginally safe at midnight.

Last edited by dynimagelv; 03-04-2013 at 08:14 AM..

Old 03-04-2013, 08:17 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,227,900 times
It is clearly in Naked City like kttam186290 already said.

Map of Naked City. This happened on the NW corner of Sahara and LV blvd.

Naked City Las Vegas

Here is the LVRJ too:

"Growth even touched the edges of the area near Las Vegas Boulevard and Sahara Avenue known as Naked City."

Naked City gets face-lift - News - ReviewJournal.com

Last edited by las vegas drunk; 03-04-2013 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: updated information

Old 03-04-2013, 08:21 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,096,626 times
for once I agree with lvd...you can see the worlds largest giftshop on the corner

i was clearing up what is know as naked city....some people seem to have spread it out like buttrd on a hot day

Sorry i didnt actually address where the Vid was done ......

Old 03-04-2013, 08:23 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,391,186 times
Nevertheless, this was apparently a staged event. So, assuming you could even say so from one such event, it appears that Las Vegans don't "hate PT Cruisers", although the rental car companies have given them up there and everywhere else.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:27 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,227,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Nevertheless, this was apparently a staged event. So, assuming you could even say so from one such event, it appears that Las Vegans don't "hate PT Cruisers", although the rental car companies have given them up there and everywhere else.
The PT Cruiser was discontinued 3 years ago. Rental car companies usually have cars less than one year old.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
It is clearly in Naked City like kttam186290 already said.

Map of Naked City. This happened on the NW corner of Sahara and LV blvd.

Naked City Las Vegas

Here is the LVRJ too:

"Growth even touched the edges of the area near Las Vegas Boulevard and Sahara Avenue known as Naked City."

Naked City gets face-lift - News - ReviewJournal.com
Yes, according to THAT map, that is Naked City territory. When I get time I will find another map that once saw that didn't stretch out to LVBD.

I doubt that showgirls were actually on the Strip sun bathing butt naked.

Could be wrong though.

Posted from Nokia 8210

Old 03-04-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
So, assuming you could even say so from one such event, it appears that Las Vegans don't "hate PT Cruisers

Posted from Nokia 8210
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas