U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 04:35 PM

90 posts, read 177,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVicsezhowdy View Post
Any list that does not recognize Raising Cane's is suspect.
I like Cane's too, but it's a chain based in Louisiana.. so does that qualify? I suppose since people are raving about In-n-Out it might.

Some guy on the radio was raving about "Pastavino" on Buffalo at Summerlin Parkway. Anybody ever been there?

Also, one of the LV advisor guys raves about a Mexican joint on Rampart at Del Webb called El Burrito.

I realize I'm kind of off topic. /sorry

(also I said "raving" three times) /also sorry

Last edited by Memememe; 03-29-2013 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: add
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 05:55 PM

13,595 posts, read 12,337,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memememe View Post
I like Cane's too, but it's a chain based in Louisiana.. so does that qualify? I suppose since people are raving about In-n-Out it might.

Some guy on the radio was raving about "Pastavino" on Buffalo at Summerlin Parkway. Anybody ever been there?

Also, one of the LV advisor guys raves about a Mexican joint on Rampart at Del Webb called El Burrito.

I realize I'm kind of off topic. /sorry

(also I said "raving" three times) /also sorry
I've never felt the love for In-n-Out. I've always thought it was okay, but overrated.

Is Pastavino in the same shopping center as Trader Joes? If so, I've walked in there before. It's a chef-owned place with a unique atmosphere and smelled terrific. We didn't have time to sample the food though since it was a lunch hour walk-through. I thought it was called Parma. Maybe a different place?

Old 03-29-2013, 07:31 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,002,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I've never felt the love for In-n-Out. I've always thought it was okay, but overrated.

Is Pastavino in the same shopping center as Trader Joes? If so, I've walked in there before. It's a chef-owned place with a unique atmosphere and smelled terrific. We didn't have time to sample the food though since it was a lunch hour walk-through. I thought it was called Parma. Maybe a different place?
iTS Pasta Vino Parma...It is the one by trader joes. This guy also started the Italian place on Rancho south east of Craig. And a couple of others. Pretty good.

El Burrito is a neighborhood joint of quite good Mexican. Make a macaroni soup that gets better as the days go on. Hot and well flavored Don't go if fussy on service. It ain't that kind of place.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:31 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,303,851 times
While it is not on the list, I love Archi's Thai restaurant serving my favorite coconut and curry dishes. Love Cane's, too!!

Old 04-01-2013, 01:11 PM

1 posts, read 870 times
It has to be Andre's French restaurant in the Monte Carlo ([url=http://andrelv.com]Andre's Las Vegas Restaurant & Cigar Lounge -[/url]) or Alize' at the top of the Palms ([url=http://alizelv.com]Wine Dinner: Las Vegas Alizé Restaurant Announces April 2013 Dinner[/url]) for my favorites. Las Vegas restaurants are pretty amazing overall so it's hard to pick favorites if you've spent any time dining around the city.

M.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:43 AM

13,044 posts, read 12,937,015 times
I like Todd's Unique for the food. Atmosphere is just OK.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:57 AM

2,448 posts, read 3,017,396 times
I like Canes but it's kind of pricey for plain ol' chicken fingers. My husband loves the fish burger/sandwich at Bachi Burger I dont like that place as much as he does. For cheap quick Mexican food I've been going to Tacos La Mexicana on Durango, not bad. Marché Bacchus has good food and nice view. We went to Vintner Grill for our anniversary a few years ago and all I can remember is the bread.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:23 PM

402 posts, read 719,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
We went to Vintner Grill for our anniversary a few years ago and all I can remember is the bread.
Are you implying that the bread was great, the food just meh or both?

Old 04-02-2013, 12:47 PM

2,448 posts, read 3,017,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowherjaw View Post
Are you implying that the bread was great, the food just meh or both?
I honestly just can't remember what I ate there besides the bread. I probably only remember the bread because they came around with a bunch of different choices- I'm one of those people that will make a meal out of bread and butter

Old 04-02-2013, 01:06 PM

13,595 posts, read 12,337,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
I honestly just can't remember what I ate there besides the bread. I probably only remember the bread because they came around with a bunch of different choices- I'm one of those people that will make a meal out of bread and butter
MKRT at Aliante and She at the Crystals mall both offer some great bread choices. If you are going to eat carbs, they should be tasty is my motto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas