Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 09:12 PM

743 posts, read 966,439 times

Advertisements

Aggro, there are some people who have invested their lives into making online sales a career with 100% legitimate items. There are others who see it as a hobby and there are others that belong on ioffer.

When people in the job market have an unjust termination or one day realize their income has been cut into 1/5 for nothing they've done wrong but be the best at what they do, how many people seek action in court? Plenty. I can name 2 personally off the top of my head and both won (settled out of court).

Many people have a ton of financial responsibilities and people dependent upon them. This isn't a game for many people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 09:14 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,131,316 times
I tried iOffer. That place is so unorganized.

Motorola DynaTAC 8000x

Old 04-04-2013, 10:48 PM

322 posts, read 564,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LV2ndHome View Post
Why are you not interested in simply going with some form of proxy as a least a couple of others have already suggested? That would be a very cheap or even free solution, and very easy/convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardogfsu View Post
After scouring the ebay forums, ebay doesn't like invisibility and will flag anything trying to hide their ip
With a proxy you aren't invisible. You are readily providing them with an IP address just as you are currently. It's just a different IP address than the one your are currently using, which would essentially put you in the same situation as having a 2nd ISP. Actually a proxy provides more flexibility because you can shop for a proxy in the location of your choice and usually change the location easily if/when desired, whereas you generally have little if any location option with an 2nd ISP. You are at risk to eBay connecting the dots no matter what you do, but I don't see a proxy as being any higher risk of that than having a 2nd ISP as long as you use a little common sense and don't do something silly like use a proxy in a foreign country while otherwise representing you are a USA business.

I would worry more about your business model sticking out and try to camouflage it. If you are eBay and have just shut down a very huge volume seller of widgets that sells them with no tracking, and then all of the sudden a new huge volume widget seller starts up doing the same thing, what conclusion would you draw no matter what the name, address, and IP on the new eBay account happened to be? I would set up several entities and accounts and have them all doing much lower volume each to try to stay under eBay's radar, or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardogfsu View Post
I'm in the process of making a website for my products, how would ebay know about my other website and what prices I charge? =)
I was speaking of Amazon's TOS. I don't know of eBay having that particular language, but they do have language to the effect that you aren't suppose to have links within your eBay listings to take people to your website listings, or anything similar, obviously designed to try to prevent you from making sales outside of eBay after eBay facilitated the initial contact with that buyer.

But note that people often violate a company's TOS, often it is never caught or there are no significant repercussions if it is, and in most cases the worst they can do is close your account (but read the terms of service in advance to make sure you aren't contractually agreeing to a substantial penalty). You are only breaking a company's policy, not any criminal law. As a consumer, when I shop on Amazon and find something I want, and it says "sold & fulfilled by Acme Widget Co.", I search for a Acme Widget Co. website before buying because I know there are a lot of violators. A lot of times I can get the product cheaper on their website than through them on Amazon.

Feedback/rating manipulation is also against both eBay's and Amazon's policies. I once even reported a crooked seller to Amazon and provided hard evidence (pictures, email communications, etc) that the seller was screwing folks with counterfeit product and then offering bribes in exchange for bad rating removal to those that realized it and were exposing it, which is grounds for account termination per Amazon's TOS. Amazon did nothing that I could see. The seller kept on selling on Amazon.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:24 PM

743 posts, read 966,439 times
I'm in the process of hiring another shipper to go solo on another account, different address, everything...this will also free me up to get that website finally planted. Thanks for your informative, intelligent post. =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: