Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2013, 10:05 PM

49 posts, read 79,363 times

Advertisements

1.) I dig getting a view of the Spring mountains at sunset or any day its cool and clear.
2.) Night stars are not far away. What a feeling of freedom when you drive out to see the stars on a hot summer night. No mosquitos.
3.) Fireworks can happen any night of the year, no need to wait for a holiday. But then, nobody does fireworks on New Years' Eve like Las Vegas !
Just a few things....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 12:26 PM

Cool things i wished i knew before i moved to Las Vegas

the only Mormons I have been made aware of, was only after finding out later they were Mormon. Later, because it was a shock. Its said they are all so nice,( but the shockers for me were that these ones, over the years) were very rude, organized at deceit and focused on ruining a person's reputation. P.s. i am noticing the ads here on City Data and my andriod, are ads about becoming a mormon...
Notice how Harry Reid (a mormon) sounds so weak and nice but he's nothing like that.
Sorry, i must have gotten tainted in Las Vegas.
They say if you live here long enough, you're ready for New York ! ....do you think thats true ?
It's a town of two faces. Natural beauty and facade. Fire and ice. Kindness and treachery.
But you find your happy medium if you aren't having hard times.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:26 AM

15,788 posts, read 14,385,375 times
The best view of the Spring Mountains is just after dawn. Vegas usually being a late running town, the view to the west is either lit overhead or backlit. Those tends to wash out the details in the mountains.

On my last Vegas trip, I put myself on the night shift playing poker, so I was getting out 6 AM or so. This was the first time I saw the mountains early AM, and the difference is startling. The front lighting brings out all the details. It was actually a hugely interesting difference in view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleventwentyseven View Post
1.) I dig getting a view of the Spring mountains at sunset or any day its cool and clear.
2.) Night stars are not far away. What a feeling of freedom when you drive out to see the stars on a hot summer night. No mosquitos.
3.) Fireworks can happen any night of the year, no need to wait for a holiday. But then, nobody does fireworks on New Years' Eve like Las Vegas !
Just a few things....

Old 12-29-2013, 07:22 PM

526 posts, read 829,850 times
I dig things like this at the end of my road:

Old 12-29-2013, 10:31 PM

23,118 posts, read 28,853,735 times
One of the thinga Las Vegans don't give thanks enough for is the absence of termites in this city! My cousin recently sold her house in Dallas and bought a home in a Phoenix suburb (Queen Creek), and she now realizes the house needs repairs due to the termite damage.

I had a 1939 brick home in the Encanto area of Phoenix (1993-1996) and I had the pest control out to that house 11 times in 3 years. How exasperating! Moving from MN, with no termites, this was all new to me! The day after I put the house for sale, I noticed 3 brown streaks inching their way down from the ceiling! And a neighbor of mine had to replace his roof due to termite damage!

Old 12-29-2013, 10:36 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,742,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
One of the thinga Las Vegans don't give thanks enough for is the absence of termites in this city! My cousin recently sold her house in Dallas and bought a home in a Phoenix suburb (Queen Creek), and she now realizes the house needs repairs due to the termite damage.

I had a 1939 brick home in the Encanto area of Phoenix (1993-1996) and I had the pest control out to that house 11 times in 3 years. How exasperating! Moving from MN, with no termites, this was all new to me! The day after I put the house for sale, I noticed 3 brown streaks inching their way down from the ceiling! And a neighbor of mine had to replace his roof due to termite damage!
Wood frame houses in much of southern California get tented every 5 years or so. Just a way of life. And not really a big deal. True anywhere you have the flying termites. The ones in Vegas are ground base and are much rarer though they exist.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:38 PM

74 posts, read 85,919 times
Well, I've never lived in Vegast yet, that will change come the summer. However, I've lived in a variety of locations - the bustling northeast, the Capital beltway, the Florida panhandle, a sleepy SC town, an NC beach town, southern CA, and even a few stints in foreign countries. I've absolutely loved everyone of them. You'll always find the naysayers wherever you go, the people who are never happy where they are and always think things will be better once they get somewhere else. It is unfortunate for them that they do not realize that it's not where you are, but what you do and who you surround yourself with that brings happiness. I sincerely hope that all people come to realize that at some point in their life.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:45 PM

Oh, boy! I love seeing the stars out in Valley of Fire in the winter time !!
The Strip can wait for my 2 visits a year, and im only 1/2 a mile off of it !

Old 01-31-2015, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,480 times
Default Re locating

Hi everyone my husband's job has a relocation spot in North Las Vegas I have R.A. very bad and need to live in a warm dry climate so maybe I can get back to some type of life . Can anyone give me some advice about North Las Vegas area - Job is set - we are in our late 50s and are family drawn (but ours will not be with us ) we will need Housing in a good area - work area is on industrial central dr NLVN Clark County
We feel lost and know nothing - Please help - we will be looking to move in the next few months . I feel like we need to go for about 6 months and see if its a good thing ! just don't know .
Thank You for your time

Old 01-31-2015, 02:48 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,758,353 times
Happy to help!

Read this. //www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...ley-start.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas