Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 08:01 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,781,352 times

Advertisements

What neighborhood did you end up in? We (thank god), have had nothing but a cricket in the house or out that we've seen.. well, there are some tiny ants on the wall in the backyard.. but they can stay Welcome home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 11:53 PM

158 posts, read 264,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Get a calk gun at hardware store. Calk all cracks. Buy UV flashlight on internet or at Fry's. Go out after dark and slay the little fluorescent bastards. They live a while but reproduce slowly so if you push the population down you will have months before they regroup.
I've been looking for a reason to go to Fry's, this sounds excellent :-)

Old 06-25-2013, 12:01 AM

158 posts, read 264,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
What neighborhood did you end up in?
We are in Bonita Canyon in Summerlin. I think. That's the closest neighborhood sign to me.

It seemed like a nice neighborhood on the map, but there has been one or more cop cars here (by us, not actually at our house) nearly every night. Also, when we got our first batch of mail, there was a letter to resident from the local police with a packet of home safety tips that said it was sent because of recent vandalism or theft reported at our address. Yay? There's a neighborhood watch thing tomorrow night we might go to...

Old 06-25-2013, 12:59 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,781,352 times
My wife got a ticket already LOL, but that is about it for the police presence here in our neighborhood in Green Valley. I guess 35 MEANS 35 on Wigwam

Old 06-25-2013, 01:01 AM

646 posts, read 1,156,224 times
I would guess that 35 especially means 35 in a state with no income tax.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:07 AM

99 posts, read 162,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimilyn View Post
We are in Bonita Canyon in Summerlin. I think. That's the closest neighborhood sign to me.

It seemed like a nice neighborhood on the map, but there has been one or more cop cars here (by us, not actually at our house) nearly every night. Also, when we got our first batch of mail, there was a letter to resident from the local police with a packet of home safety tips that said it was sent because of recent vandalism or theft reported at our address. Yay? There's a neighborhood watch thing tomorrow night we might go to...
Oh No that's a terrible way to start your new life in Vegas..always good to rent before buying..hope it gets better..I am still looking at apt(online of course) & soooo many too choose from. Guess my best bet is to take a mini vacation and come out there for a closer look..They all look so beautiful online but I know looks can be deceiving Anyway fill us in on the neighborhood watch meeting....

Old 06-25-2013, 04:55 AM

236 posts, read 405,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virg1123 View Post
Oh No that's a terrible way to start your new life in Vegas..always good to rent before buying..hope it gets better..I am still looking at apt(online of course) & soooo many too choose from. Guess my best bet is to take a mini vacation and come out there for a closer look..They all look so beautiful online but I know looks can be deceiving Anyway fill us in on the neighborhood watch meeting....

We took a mini vaca in April and spent a few days just looking at apartment complexes. The internet is very, very deceiving! Most were nice, but there were a few awful ones that looked great online.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyzs View Post
We took a mini vaca in April and spent a few days just looking at apartment complexes. The internet is very, very deceiving! Most were nice, but there were a few awful ones that looked great online.
Very overwhelming isn't it All this searching is giving me eyesore & major lost of sleep. Gotta take a break for a few days...girls at work wondering why the dark circles under the eyes.heheh...Hopefully things will just happen, all good I hope.....Last night had a nightmare I got stuck in a snow drift...ugh...

Old 06-25-2013, 11:17 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virg1123 View Post
Wonderful..you made it. I am trying to plan a move as soon as I can sell my home here in Iowa. I will be coming alone (widow) so I think I will sell all but small things I can pack into my car. I don't think I can do the drive by myself because like you I hate being in a car for long periods of time Maybe I can get a car-transport company to ship car and I will fly out? Still in the beginning phase of move...gotta sell this house. I want only to rent an apartment..not interested in buying a home..Need a job also but should have enough to hold me over for 6 mos or so.......Aren't these folks great on City-Data Lots of good advise/help.....Please keep us updated ...hope you Love Vegas..give the rest of us "Wannabe in Vegas" some hope..
I'm doing the same thing. As soon as the house sells, I'm out. Also coming alone (if you are ever really alone with dogs and cats, I am divorcing) I found I can attach a small UHaul trailer to my car, so I will be bringins SOME stuff with me, but nothing big. No furniture. I am READY!

Old 06-25-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I'm doing the same thing. As soon as the house sells, I'm out. Also coming alone (if you are ever really alone with dogs and cats, I am divorcing) I found I can attach a small UHaul trailer to my car, so I will be bringins SOME stuff with me, but nothing big. No furniture. I am READY!
Hi ElleTea, I think you are one step ahead of me because I haven't even put my house up for sale yet...gotta clean the cobwebs....not much equity left in the house, had to use it while my husband was battling cancer but enough to carry me over for perhaps a year....Keep us updated....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas