Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 12:30 PM

611 posts, read 950,790 times

Advertisements

So how is the construction going of the new zip line(s) as of today's date? I can't find anything on an opening date. Appparently there is now going to be two faster ones...one above the canopy and one below. I assume Elle-Tea is going to celebrate her birthday zipping down the fastest one in a few weeks if it's open! :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 01:22 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by binionrat View Post
So how is the construction going of the new zip line(s) as of today's date? I can't find anything on an opening date. Appparently there is now going to be two faster ones...one above the canopy and one below. I assume Elle-Tea is going to celebrate her birthday zipping down the fastest one in a few weeks if it's open! :-)
It won't be dont till later this summer. I'll be there this weekend. If it was open, you know I would be up there!

The current zipline is fun, but not very scary at all, I was hoping it was going to be faster!

http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/20...ising+Above+It

Last edited by ElleTea; 04-30-2013 at 01:31 PM..

Old 04-30-2013, 01:56 PM

Thanks...It sure seems to be a slow process getting the new one up and running doesn't it. Yes, I agree, the old one is pretty slow...so slow that some people even get stuck half way across. So have a great time this weekend and hi to Pat and Irishspy and Everdeen.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:33 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by binionrat View Post
Thanks...It sure seems to be a slow process getting the new one up and running doesn't it. Yes, I agree, the old one is pretty slow...so slow that some people even get stuck half way across. So have a great time this weekend and hi to Pat and Irishspy and Everdeen.
When I was there in October, a gal got stuck in the middle right in front of the 3rd Street stage. I was watching the band The Spazmatics (FANTASTIC band if you get a chance) and they didn't waste any time pointing at her and making fun of her. They had to send a guy from the end down to get her. Hopefully she got to go again free after that!

Watch my Facebook for pics

Old 05-01-2013, 09:10 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,807,414 times
The new zip line construction was started in March. This week the steel structures for the sides on each station went up. There are 3 areas where the construction is being conducted on the street and most work is being done late night early morn for obvious reasons. So far business as usual the street is a bit more compacted room wise but we were there for ST.Paddy's day night celebration and it was crowded but not to the point where you could not move around. I think late June or July is the schedule opening. I heard rumors also if the East Fremont ST. area develops to what they they envision their could be a possibility of expanding the overhead Canopy to there????? Go to the LV Sun and read the articles by Joe Downtown he keep us informed of stuff down there.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:45 PM

Ah, thanks...I just had the LV Review Journal bookmarked so I'll switch to the Sun! Thanks for the update...So it'll be up and running when Terry and I come down for the last week in August in all likelihood. :-)

Old 05-02-2013, 01:56 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,807,414 times
I was down there Tonight the structural steel for the part going towards East Fremont is up and the footings are in on the next part by the D. Looks like progress is moving along. I have a great bar to take you to also on 3rd street You will get a blast out of this one

Old 05-02-2013, 10:05 AM

347 posts, read 511,646 times
I wonder if they will up the weight limit. many of their potential riders were to heavy for their old line.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:39 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,835,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisSuarez View Post
I wonder if they will up the weight limit. many of their potential riders were to heavy for their old line.
So you can't get a free meal at The Heart Attack Grill and then ride the zipline?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas