Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 02:10 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,992,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
I hereby swear to not complain about the heat. Ever. I am willingly moving to a desert.

-Raiderman
It is your God-given right to occasionally complain about the heat. Especially the first time you burn your forearm by resting it on your car door. Or if you burn your hands on the steering wheel. Or if your AC dies in August when it's 115f.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 03:54 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
It is your God-given right to occasionally complain about the heat. Especially the first time you burn your forearm by resting it on your car door. Or if you burn your hands on the steering wheel. Or if your AC dies in August when it's 115f.
Or when the Toyota emblem gets branded on your ass from the car seat.

You guys know my weather prediction for the summer months

Hot, Hotter, and F'n Hot.

Since I have spent my entire adult life here, I can, and will complain about the weather until I'm blue in the face, and if anyone has a problem with that, they can have a nice day.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:09 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
Scoop, our street is 1 car width, then an island, then 1 car width. Of course we pick a house with a short driveway and a 1-way in front. And to make it worse (for unloading), there is a fire hydrant directly in front of the house so the whole curb is a red zone.

Mollie, I have a couple guys from movinghelp.com.. 2 guys, 4 hours, $180. I'm paying more for the insured, bonded-type help. All I need is for a disreputable individual to "fall" on the property. I'm sure the chances of that are slim, but not willing to take the chance. Oh, and was the final charge for ABF the same as quoted? Just curious. We're paying upon delivery.
It is wider than one car...though the fire hydrant screws that up regardless. There is also a parking cut out in the island in front of your place. Unfortunately it is on the far side of the island. Could still work though if you can get across the island or use hand carts to go around the end.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:59 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,784,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
It is wider than one car...though the fire hydrant screws that up regardless. There is also a parking cut out in the island in front of your place. Unfortunately it is on the far side of the island. Could still work though if you can get across the island or use hand carts to go around the end.
LVOC, I had our friend whom you met measure yesterday. 16.5' wide, 25.5' long, 29' diagonally if I go a couple inches on the sidewalk. I think that's the way to go. Ramp from trailer to the front door. If not, that cutout in the island would work. I'm waiting for the other realtor to get back to me on who I should call to see if we can "reserve" that for a day or 2 while we unload and they come pick up. We'll have hand trucks to get over the median.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:12 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,865,519 times
Quote:
... Mollie, I have a couple guys from movinghelp.com.. 2 guys, 4 hours, $180. I'm paying more for the insured, bonded-type help...
Good for you.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:06 AM

419 posts, read 907,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
LOL....at least it's a quality brand.!

The first summer my buddy endured in Las Vegas, his dashboard melted.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:53 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,808,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

You guys know my weather prediction for the summer months

Hot, Hotter, and F'n Hot.

Since I have spent my entire adult life here, I can, and will complain about the weather until I'm blue in the face, and if anyone has a problem with that, they can have a nice day.
I know what "Have a nice day" really means on this form Be careful or You Know Who is watching
We need to take you and Mac to Hogs and Heifers bar and sit back and watch the fun some night. Mac could get some great pictures there.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:49 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishspy View Post
I know what "Have a nice day" really means on this form Be careful or You Know Who is watching
We need to take you and Mac to Hogs and Heifers bar and sit back and watch the fun some night. Mac could get some great pictures there.
Sounds good. We could do dinner next door at Triple George first.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:51 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,292,531 times
I vote for a night out at Drink and Drag. Talk about great photo opps!

Old 05-18-2013, 11:16 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,784,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I vote for a night out at Drink and Drag. Talk about great photo opps!
LOL.. what a great place! We're in!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas