Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 01:59 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times

Advertisements

Call animal control and report it anonymously. Do it over and over if you have to until the stupid owner finally does something about it.
Also, complain to management over and over as well.

In the meantime, get some super heavy duty curtains like theater style that will help block noise. There are also sound barriers you can put up to dull the sound.
Nothing worse than a dog barking constantly all day or all night long. It's torture. Very irritating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 02:30 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,491,051 times
^^^^So much easier and faster to talk to the management company than Animal Control. I have the same problem at home, Animal control is useless. I have to take it to our homeowners association and the management company we hired. Clark County Animal Control takes a long time to even respond. For one they are short staffed and they will want you to attend a meeting. Both parties have to be present during arbitration so if one does not show up, you just wasted your time. Too much of a hassle really.

Take it to the management company and complain on a regular basis, that is what I would do.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:39 AM

526 posts, read 832,866 times
This might work:

Stop Dog Barking with the Dog Silencer Pro - Safe, Humane Anti Bark Control Product

Old 05-29-2013, 07:44 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
I used to have that. It actually works too damn good. That device silenced damn near every dog in my neighborhood. We only needed it because of the newborn and late night barking. Now we don't mind a bark or two at night.

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Old 05-29-2013, 09:25 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
I used to have that. It actually works too damn good. That device silenced damn near every dog in my neighborhood. We only needed it because of the newborn and late night barking. Now we don't mind a bark or two at night.

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
Bad reviews of that product. Nothing really works.
Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dog Silencer Pro Complete Pack

Old 05-29-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Bad reviews of that product. Nothing really works.
Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dog Silencer Pro Complete Pack
Yes, I did notice the bad reviews. I picked it up at a yard sale for $5(I think) so I didn't know anything about them. The only complaint I have about it is that the remote control barely worked and the sensitivity control only worked on max.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:45 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,785,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Yes, I did notice the bad reviews. I picked it up at a yard sale for $5(I think) so I didn't know anything about them. The only complaint I have about it is that the remote control barely worked and the sensitivity control only worked on max.
Did I read correctly that it doesn't work through walls? Seems odd..

Old 05-29-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
Did I read correctly that it doesn't work through walls? Seems odd..
I have no idea, but all the issues I had with barking dogs were all outside in the backyard of neighbor's homes. I placed the device at the highest point in my backyard above the fence line.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:08 PM

540 posts, read 1,096,860 times
OP, so you're talking about breaking your lease, getting a lawyer, sleeping in the closet, etc. without even talking to your neighbor? They might not even realize their dog is making so much noise. A lot of dogs are quiet when their owners are around but when they leave, seperation anixety kicks in and the barking/whining begins.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:43 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,552,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweilo845 View Post
OP, so you're talking about breaking your lease, getting a lawyer, sleeping in the closet, etc. without even talking to your neighbor? They might not even realize their dog is making so much noise. A lot of dogs are quiet when their owners are around but when they leave, seperation anixety kicks in and the barking/whining begins.
They realize it all right but they don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas