Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 12:11 PM

28 posts, read 59,781 times

Advertisements

Has anyone here stayed there or know someone who have? I see they offer 1 bedroom apartments for $1000 a month if you sign up for a 1 year lease. Its also furnished. Utilities you have to pay yourself. Assuming you just get internet, have regular television and just gas/electricity, wouldnn't this be probably no more than $200 a month in utilties and thus your rent and utilities would total $1200 only? Of course in the summer when you open the AC it will be more.

Is this location/area good? I checked the website and they mention its a prime location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 06:25 PM

52 posts, read 99,538 times
Are you talking about the Meridian high rise condos over on Flamingo and Koval?

If so, area is ok.. Last time I showed a few units there to my clients, the pot smokers were out in full force.. I think I got a contact high walking thru the development.. Seems to be stripper central, which isnt necessarily bad, depending on what you're in to..

Old 06-15-2013, 06:42 PM

Yes im talking about those.

Are the price ranges for those i list accurate? Such as if they advertise $1000/month and 1 year lease, utilties you pay yourself so utitlies would most likely be between $200-$300 a month assuming you aren't getting cable tv and just internet and gas/electricity?

Old 06-15-2013, 06:53 PM

Not sure where you found the prices, but on the MLS, there's a small 1 bedroom listed at $995, another at $1050, $1150, and a couple at $1250 per month..

There's a 2 bedroom listed at $1100 and more 1/2 bedrooms at $1300+..

I'd imagine youd be in the $1200 ballpark if you skimped on some of the unnecessary cable/entertainment..

Old 06-15-2013, 07:58 PM

Would the $1200/month ballpark assuming if i just get internet and gas/electricity and not have cable tv etc INCLUDE FURNISHED OR UNFURNISHED?

Old 06-15-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeCee33 View Post
Not sure where you found the prices, but on the MLS, there's a small 1 bedroom listed at $995, another at $1050, $1150, and a couple at $1250 per month..

There's a 2 bedroom listed at $1100 and more 1/2 bedrooms at $1300+..

I'd imagine youd be in the $1200 ballpark if you skimped on some of the unnecessary cable/entertainment..

Are those 1 bedrooms furnished or unfurnished?

Obviously the 2 bedroom $1100 would be unfurnished.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:09 PM

Correct, the 2 bedroom is not furnished..

However, both the cheap 1 bedrooms are furnished, and pretty nicely it appears.. I cant imagine in units that small the gas/power will be that much.. And internet cant be more than $50/month.. I think 1200/month total would be a good average.. Maybe even $1150 might be a good average.. It cant cost much to cool 600 or less sq ft..

A friend of mine and his girlfriend used to live there a few years back.. They loved it.. He worked at Bally's right across the street so the location couldnt have been better for him

Old 06-15-2013, 10:52 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
It is a strip pad place. Lovely bodies all around. One should not ask what they do for a living. Lots of poker players. The pimp who did the shooting on the strip was a guest.

It is a great place for one who needs to be on the strip a lot.

Otherwise it is not terribly convenient...things like neighborhood services and such. Gets pretty scrungy as you go east...

BC has the pricing right. And many, though not all, of the units are very nice.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:13 AM

1,374 posts, read 2,435,554 times
high rise? how many floors does it have?
I thought it's more like low rise or mid-rise.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:20 PM

553 posts, read 1,208,752 times
I lived there for a couple of months. It is a 4 story complex. A wide variety among the units in terms of the quality of their finishes, upgrades, and furnishings. The population is on the younger side late 20's to early 40's mostly. I was there a couple of years ago. Since then, things are likely to have changed some in terms of occupancy. Back then. the place was filled with transient tenants (like I was). So it was generally a quiet and not heavily populated complex. The pool area was great. It has a nice fitness facility although the locker rooms were in pretty bad need of some updating/maintenance. The clubhouse is also very nice. As for location, if you want to be close to the strip, the location is pretty good if not great. You can walk to the strip easily, but the area is sketchy enough that you might be a little uncomfortable doing it alone at night. Retail to the east is fairly abundant, but the area is not the greatest. As mentioned by an earlier poster, the neighborhood gets worse as you head east. But if you have a car, you are close to Town Square shopping; or if you don't mind driving about 15 minutes, you can have all the shopping you want that is west of the strip.

All things considered, I loved the place. I looked to buy there at the time, and ended up finding another place farther west. While I prefer my current location, I never would have wound up here if not so motivated to buy because of how much I enjoyed the Meridian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas