Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 09:11 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times

Advertisements

Caesars is better off without her. Knowing them, they'll make the wrong decision and keep her.

Last edited by observer53; 06-24-2013 at 09:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 09:18 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
"Caucasian" food can be delicious.(By the way, that term technically would encompass French, Italian, Mediterranean, and Mexican) It just has to be prepared correctly.

You've never had a roast beef, cooked to perfection and sliced so thin you can practically see through it, served with some horseradish cream sauce and some Au Jus? Or a meatloaf with a delicious red glaze and some garlic mashed potatoes?

How about a Chicago style dog with the sports peppers, bright green relish, mustard, etc?

Maybe a buttermilk biscuit that falls apart in your hands, hot out of the oven, or a bowl of chili with hot cornbread and some honey butter? The idea that all those foods are "white people" food is absurd to say the least.

Back to topic, Caesars is better off without her. Knowing them, they'll make the wrong decision and keep her.

Actually you're technically wrong. I was being a bit sarcastic because I knew the OP had no idea what it was either. Caucasian food comes from the caucasus.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:20 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Back to topic, Caesars is better off without her. Knowing them, they'll make the wrong decision and keep her.

They will if public opinion seems to be swaying her way. Guy Fieri and all of those people who have been "discovered" from "The Next Food Network Star" remind me of those thrown together boy bands. They really have no true talent and have been molded to be what the Food Network execs think people want to see. I'm not sure Guy Fieri would represent Las Vegas well either. (However it goes it's nice to be able to have a civil difference of opinions. That seems to be rare on message boards as evidenced by the real estate threads here.)

Old 06-23-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post

They will if public opinion seems to be swaying her way. Guy Fieri and all of those people who have been "discovered" from "The Next Food Network Star" remind me of those thrown together boy bands. They really have no true talent and have been molded to be what the Food Network execs think people want to see. I'm not sure Guy Fieri would represent Las Vegas well either. (However it goes it's nice to be able to have a civil difference of opinions. That seems to be rare on message boards as evidenced by the real estate threads here.)
I think Guy has a couple of successful restaurants in northern California, which is where he got his start. His New York joint was recently panned, and HARD by a food critic in the NY Times, though. Maybe he'd be good for Vegas, maybe not. My ex-husband worked for Harrah's (now called Caesars) for several years, and they seemed to specialize in making bad decisions. We'll see.

I agree that it's nice to be able to disagree with people and not take it to base levels. It's one of the things I've always liked about City Data.

To Exaday: I did not know that. Learn something new every day.

Would someone please tell me how to correctly use the multi-quote function on this board?

Old 06-23-2013, 09:53 AM

236 posts, read 405,587 times
Quote:

Would someone please tell me how to correctly use the multi-quote function on this board?
As you are reading through a thread and want to quote several responses, just click on the " on each post that you want to respond to, then at the bottom post click "post reply" and all of the quotes will be there for you to add to.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
I think Guy has a couple of successful restaurants in northern California, which is where he got his start. His New York joint was recently panned, and HARD by a food critic in the NY Times, though. Maybe he'd be good for Vegas, maybe not. My ex-husband worked for Harrah's (now called Caesars) for several years, and they seemed to specialize in making bad decisions. We'll see.

I agree that it's nice to be able to disagree with people and not take it to base levels. It's one of the things I've always liked about City Data.

To Exaday: I did not know that. Learn something new every day.

I know Guy Fieri started with a couple of California restaurants but didn't his career take off when he won the title of "Next Food Network Star"? I think quite of few of the contestants have been restaurant owners.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyzs View Post
As you are reading through a thread and want to quote several responses, just click on the " on each post that you want to respond to, then at the bottom post click "post reply" and all of the quotes will be there for you to add to.
Thanks!

Old 06-23-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I know Guy Fieri started with a couple of California restaurants but didn't his career take off when he won the title of "Next Food Network Star"? I think quite of few of the contestants have been restaurant owners.
I'm not sure he won that particular contest, but if not, it was something similar on Food Network. His original show, I think, was called Guy's Big Bite, where he specialized in, well, guy food. Sandwiches and stuff.

As far as several contestants being restaurant owners, you are absolutely correct. However, anyone who has watched "Restaurant Impossible" ( Sorry, Scoopie, but I like that show) knows, owning a restaurant does NOT make you a chef.

Vegas is all about branding, and it's just my feeling that Guy would be a better fit than Paula. Too much baggage on that lady. Of course, I'm looking at it from a business standpoint.

I don't care for political correctness, either. I use profanity like other people use punctuation.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure he won that particular contest, but if not, it was something similar on Food Network. His original show, I think, was called Guy's Big Bite, where he specialized in, well, guy food. Sandwiches and stuff.

As far as several contestants being restaurant owners, you are absolutely correct. However, anyone who has watched "Restaurant Impossible" ( Sorry, Scoopie, but I like that show) knows, owning a restaurant does NOT make you a chef.

Vegas is all about branding, and it's just my feeling that Guy would be a better fit than Paula. Too much baggage on that lady. Of course, I'm looking at it from a business standpoint.

I don't care for political correctness, either. I use profanity like other people use punctuation.
Speaking of Robert Irvine, he had his own scandal with Food Network but they eventually took him back.

Dinner Impossible chef fired by the Food Network

I enjoy Restaurant Impossible too.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:23 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times
Quote:
An owner of a restaurants operates the restaurant in many cases. A chef is generally responsible for the cuisine and operating the "back of the house". The two roles are generally separate roles and require a lot of different skills and attributes.

For years, I ran institutional kitchens serving as many as 5,000 meals daily. I generally had a chef or two and a 2-6 dietitians reporting to me. I am NOT a chef nor would I really want to be. I lack a certain flare and creativity.

You need BOTH roles in an operation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: