Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 04:47 PM

743 posts, read 968,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post

Obviously the daughter isn't concerned about her mother...
Very true, a bit narcissistic.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:50 PM

249 posts, read 402,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
If it is non violent crime he should consult an attorney. We once had a gal that had moved and found out she had a warrant for a misdemeanor. Sometimes, especially if it is old it can be taken care of by long distance.....only an attorney could help.
He could be picked up in the state the warrant is if he drives and ever gets pulled over. If he stays at a hotel, etc....
If it is just a misdemeanor, he should apply...especially if it is in another state.
You can get a warrant issued even for forgetting to pay parking ticket....
Start w/ an attorney consult. If you want to help, go with...it gets confusing for some folks.

Yes-- depending on the charges, we could easily quash the warrant and figure the case out-- if it is from a long time ago, the State may not have its witnesses any longer and we may be able to resolve it fairly easily-- but quashing the warrant is the first step. DM me if you want my contact info, but obviously there are fees involved.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:55 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
How about a part-time retail job? Maybe a construction job or working at the KFC. I read they don't usually require background checks. They also mentioned smaller businesses sometimes don't go to the expense of a background check. Does he have any skills, can he fix stuff, good with cars, anything like that? If so he might be able to do that on the side. I think this guy would prefer his girl friend get a job instead. Has the daughter been looking for work since she lost her job? Do you know how much education they have? Anyway good luck to your friend.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:58 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
..Aaaannnddd we're back to enabling!

Old 07-03-2013, 05:02 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
..Aaaannnddd we're back to enabling!
No, I'm trying to answer his original question. Most of this thread has been total off topic rubbish.

Geez someone sent me a rep point just to say..."and youre a blithering........" The cowardly dolt didn't even leave his name. Some piece of work there.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:06 PM

Thanks Todd, I'm not sure how much skill he has, I was thinking he could at least apprentice on some sort of AC or appliance repair until he's able to get work on his own.

I think filling out any application with an address and his name is what he's trying to avoid.

As far as I know the warrant stems from a spat he had with a different ex, I think both were taken in but I don't know the exact details as I've only heard from her mom.

The daughter keeps making excuses for him and supported him when she was working. She's a bit delusional.

I'm not sure of the education, I know she completed HS.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:17 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
People wonder why so many of the younger generation is the way they are....it's feel good parenting and everyone around them enabling them...like you!

Have some B@lls and turn this turd in! Quit trying to feel all warm and fuzzy by "helping" him.

Every one involved will become this punks victim! You reap...oh forget it...you're mush!

Are you prepared to offer him a job? NO, so why foist him off on someone else? Are you willing to give him a recommendation?

If this whole thing is affecting this worker's performance, then it's time to start the discipline process...oh you can't because you're friends....

Never mind that it's HER choice to be in this situation.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:29 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,675,163 times
I was going to suggest having the mother contact girlesq since she offered earlier. Not that she would do it for free (nor should she), but it would be good for the mother and daughter to hear what excuse he gives for that.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:31 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
If the guy with the warrant is healthy and drug free then tell him to Google Novum Studies. They pay people to participate in medical studies. Some studies range from toothpaste enamel sampling for $50 to studies for sleep medication for $2500. One of my last roommates did this to support himself and save till he could pay all his parking tickets to get his license back.

Honestly Craigslist and Backpage should be his best friend right now. Plenty of temporary side gigs on there.

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Old 07-03-2013, 05:36 PM

I'll def show the mom this thread. I'm sure she knows a lot more of what the warrant entails.

She'll prob be amused by the abuse I took by asking ideas of what he could do for work...met the guy twice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: