Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 05:12 PM

244 posts, read 439,078 times

Advertisements

Is there any way to find out actual sold price of one home without using agent?

My daughter finally got accepted offer - 200.000 $ for house.
Redfin and Zillow shows similar houses in surrounding area sold recently for 150-170.000$.
That's a lot of difference!
We don't want to overpay our house.Still waiting for appraisal.....

My friends are telling me you are crazy to pay that amount of money (they are thinking houses are still selling for 130-160.000$ in summerlin area!). They get info from redfin and similar websites....

But our agent told us to not look at listing/sold prices on Zillow and redfin because they are not real. He said our house will appraise.
is he right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 05:23 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,762,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioni888 View Post
Is there any way to find out actual sold price of one home without using agent?

My daughter finally got accepted offer - 200.000 $ for house.
Redfin and Zillow shows similar houses in surrounding area sold recently for 150-170.000$.
That's a lot of difference!
We don't want to overpay our house.Still waiting for appraisal.....

My friends are telling me you are crazy to pay that amount of money (they are thinking houses are still selling for 130-160.000$ in summerlin area!). They get info from redfin and similar websites....

But our agent told us to not look at listing/sold prices on Zillow and redfin because they are not real. He said our house will appraise.
is he right?
The view of an agent that it will appraise can almost be taken to the bank. Our standard answer in that price range and this time is that it likely won't and what are we going to do if it does not?
Appraisals have been running behind the market the last months. So count you blessings. If it does appraise thank your agent and close.

Let us know what happens...I have only once in recent times said a property would appraise and i was correct. But it was an unusual situation.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:30 PM

347 posts, read 510,771 times
Zillow and redfin sales history's always seem accurate to me.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisSuarez View Post
My friend paid 180.000$ for his house.
Listing price was 165.000$. He put 15.000$ difference in cash.

Zillow and redfin still shows house is sold for 165.000 $. Will they ever change that to 180.000 $ ?

Old 07-07-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
The view of an agent that it will appraise can almost be taken to the bank. Our standard answer in that price range and this time is that it likely won't and what are we going to do if it does not?
Appraisals have been running behind the market the last months. So count you blessings. If it does appraise thank your agent and close.

Let us know what happens...I have only once in recent times said a property would appraise and i was correct. But it was an unusual situation.
One thing I don't understand.

If you look at current similar homes that are selling in surround area they prices are around 190-230k.
But when you check similar SOLD houses (past 3 months) Zillow and Redfin shows price range from 140-180k).
That's a lot of difference.
So I guess all this sold houses were sold for higher price but websites still shows actual listing prices...
Im I right or wrong?

My daughter placed bid on around 20 houses in past 2 months. She was always outbid because other people offered more. But when we look at those houses now on redfin and Zillow it still shows they are sold with their LISTING price (and we know they are not)

Old 07-07-2013, 05:51 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,762,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioni888 View Post
One thing I don't understand.

If you look at current similar homes that are selling in surround area they prices are around 190-230k.
But when you check similar SOLD houses (past 3 months) Zillow and Redfin shows price range from 140-180k).
That's a lot of difference.
So I guess all this sold houses were sold for higher price but websites still shows actual listing prices...
Im I right or wrong?

My daughter placed bid on around 20 houses in past 2 months. She was always outbid because other people offered more. But when we look at those houses now on redfin and Zillow it still shows they are sold with their LISTING price (and we know they are not)
If you wish send me a DM with the address and I will send you a quick comp analysis.. If you don't like how it looks take it to the agent and get him to explain it to you. I am not the agent in this transaction and cannot assert myself into it but I can show you the actual comps.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
If you wish send me a DM with the address and I will send you a quick comp analysis.. If you don't like how it looks take it to the agent and get him to explain it to you. I am not the agent in this transaction and cannot assert myself into it but I can show you the actual comps.
sent you Dm

Old 07-07-2013, 06:34 PM

62 posts, read 202,871 times
As long as the deal has not closed, the listing price is shown on Redfin.
When a house is marked as SOLD on Redfin, the actual official sale price is shown. This information is included within a day or two after close of escrow. It is the best and quickest way to find the sale price of a house without getting the information from a real estate agent agent.
If somebody paid more than the official sale price out of escrow, this is a whole different can of (illigal) worms...

Old 07-08-2013, 11:38 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,528,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisSuarez View Post
^Not... just an FYI

Old 07-08-2013, 12:49 PM

6,377 posts, read 11,843,753 times
I think the issue you run into occasionally is they show a price where a home got foreclosed and the price is basically the bank's balance. Also occasionally a family transaction will show up at a greatly reduced price. Neither of these should be used by an appraiser obviously, but one realtor did say these are the only issues he sees with reviewing prices of comparable sales on Redfin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas