Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 05:57 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,152,099 times

Advertisements

I was asking ....never mind.
How long did you drive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 06:28 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
Quote:
Like I said ..its how its done HERE
I was asking ....never mind.

You weren't just asking...you were arguing about how it's done HERE and why your plan couldn't work.

You've changed your tune from just wanting to hobby cart your friends around with your own limo and being totally unrealistic to finally asking some legitimate questions. Just man up about your previous tone and insistence.

Quote:
How long did you drive?
I've been a cabbie for a bit over a year.

Most don't last 30 days FWIW...they are either fired for safety infractions or quit because of the hours and frustrations.

Oh, yeah...there's a camera in your face all day, every day! Everything you say and do is recorded throughout your whole shift. If there are no "incidents" then the next shift overwrites your shift.
If the camera is set off for any reason 20 before and 20 after the incident is saved and automatically downloaded to the Safety Officer's computer for review. If at any time you are suspected or accused of doing something wrong the supervisors can hook up a laptop and download your whole shift.

I actually really like the job about 75% of the time.
The pay can range from great to absolutely abysmal...only PART of the fluctuation is on you...there's a huge fluctuation between days and weeks and months. Count on making less than min wage Sept through January!.....INCLUDING tips! Unless you are awesome at diverting (Illegal) passengers to the strip clubs! ...Most weeks during that period at least.

I don't know much about the limo gig except the drivers are annoying and entitled.
I wouldn't ever want to be one HERE.

Either gig though will NOT qualify as a hobby gig! They will work you 60+ hours per week....the company wants it's money!

Take in a counterfeit bill....take money out of your tips/wallet/bank...they want their money!
Someone runs out without paying....you get ONE cover of up to $30 per year...after that it comes out of your pocket!
Don't get tipped.....too bad, you get taxed as if you got a 10% tip anyway!

Old 07-15-2013, 07:36 AM

Default wow

No I was thining of driving them around in the town car I own now.
IF I could run a little fleet of one, maybe do airport runs ect.

I just wanted to know if that was possible.
Since I had read that Taxi's are VERY difrent there than they are here.

I was looking for INFO on who it takes to reg a car for service in Nv.

I had no idea you could just get a JOB and show up and drive their car.

Instread of trying to **** on someone, maybe you could help . That was my point.
If your last post was your first post I would not suspect you are a hater or a troll.
A simple," you will never get liscensed to do that."
would have been easy enough to type I would have though.

Sorry YOUR freinds all dont value your time...hard to imagine when you have such a charming dispostion!

Old 07-15-2013, 08:16 AM

No, you were arguing that you COULD do it here!
I gave you more info than anyone...Whatever...good luck!

IMHO you are WAY too sensitive to do either gig...especially in LV!

Old 07-15-2013, 08:37 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Or how about an exotic car taxi service?

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Old 07-15-2013, 08:49 AM

And you seem too mean to be a good cabby.
I have a lot of time in customer service.
Done well enough that I plan to quit and work part time.

See you out there soon

Also thanks you for the info.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:49 AM

I'm only mean when someone's being stupid!

Old 07-15-2013, 05:34 PM

720 posts, read 765,589 times
So....does this mean you two won't be having coffee or a drink when robojester gets to town?

Old 07-15-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
So....does this mean you two won't be having coffee or a drink when robojester gets to town?
I got no problem with anyone....just keep the stupid at bay and we'll all get along!

I mean come on....at least don't try and act like all you(Not YOU Kay.) were doing was asking question B when the whole time you were arguing question A until after I fed you question B as a way out!

I call people on their BS and take it when people call me on mine! If you can't admit when you're being stupid then I have no tolerance for you! People are just to soft these days!

Quote:
Or how about an exotic car taxi service?

Dude! we have enough FreeRawrEez around here already!

Old 07-15-2013, 07:22 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
I got no problem with anyone....just keep the stupid at bay and we'll all get along!

I mean come on....at least don't try and act like all you(Not YOU Kay.) were doing was asking question B when the whole time you were arguing question A until after I fed you question B as a way out!

I call people on their BS and take it when people call me on mine! If you can't admit when you're being stupid then I have no tolerance for you! People are just to soft these days!

Dude! we have enough FreeRawrEez around here already!
Well how about polaxis?

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas