Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 11:28 AM

787 posts, read 1,776,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmethatswhoIam View Post
DID DEX come and get them?
Yes, same day I called.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfapps View Post
But it's taking up space on my page and I don't want it there! I didn't opt-in to this showing up on the page in the first place, so I shouldn't have to opt-out, right?

I only want to see the other stuff on the page, and what about the post that is being pushed off the page by this one. If someone would just drop off a paper book of this post I would be OK with it as I could just flip through it IF and when I felt like it, or simply toss it for recycling and not have it taking up any space on the page.

I strongly feel this now antiquated post should be removed! lol... (<-- see that's the little sarcasm guy, I think there's only maybe 1 person that's taking any of this post seriously)

Mmm...no. You are opting-IN to potentially seeing stuff you don't want to see when you navigate to city-data.com in the first place.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
As long as these books don't have anything to do with tax money, I'm fine with it.
(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

So where's the line? How much stuff can someone dump on your property without your permission before you're not fine with it?

Old 07-19-2013, 11:32 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,781,352 times
This seems like much ado about nothing. It's a phone book. If you don't want it, throw it away. If you do want it, keep it. We're not talking about the end of the world as we know it.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
This seems like much ado about nothing. It's a phone book. If you don't want it, throw it away. If you do want it, keep it. We're not talking about the end of the world as we know it.

Read the whole thread, please. Your comments have been addressed already.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:39 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,781,352 times
I was summarizing the thread so people wouldn't have to read 6 pages. I, unfortunately, read the whole thread.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:44 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,137,018 times
i agree with the op - make them come and pick it up. i feel the same way about the henderson press unasked for deliveries that littered the neighborhood. these eventually ended up in the gutter. even the rj is so hard up for business they at times deliver you a section, or even the whole sunday paper. i e-mailed both of them (as many e-mail contacts as they had listed) and requested they come and pick it up as i was about to contact the hoa about their unsolicited litter mail messing up the neighborhood.

snail mail junk?; if they include a postage paid return envelope - i tear up the entire contents (after removing any bar codes and names) and insert said confetti and mail the kit and kiboddle back to them on their dime.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:04 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robustus View Post
So where's the line? How much stuff can someone dump on your property without your permission before you're not fine with it?
Stuff "gets dumped" on my property all the time. Ads, flyers, weekly local paper, religious pamphlets, couple phone books, birthday invitation for my kids stuffed in the door, pest control reminders, vote for me information packets...

None of it ruins my day. It goes in the recycle bin if we are not interested or we hold on to it if we are.

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Old 07-19-2013, 07:31 PM

515 posts, read 1,179,850 times
That's not an answer - unless you are saying that there is no amount of stuff getting dumped on your property that would bother you.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:44 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiminani View Post
That's not an answer - unless you are saying that there is no amount of stuff getting dumped on your property that would bother you.
Word

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas