Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 02:58 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,156,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maipenrai View Post
Generally speaking, are there any areas known for crime, gang activity, etc that we should avoid?
Downtown, The Strip, "west side", north of Las Vegas and South of the city of North Las Vegas.

Sent from watch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 12:36 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,490,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maipenrai View Post
Thanks for the information everyone.

NLVgal, I have been to Las Vegas once on business. It will be my girlfriend's first time there. We are both well travelled and spent years living in the U.S. and abroad.

We realize that public transportation is not reliable there and we will need car(s).

That said, I personally dislike driving the highway (call it a pet peeve of mine). I regularly go out of my way to avoid it. My girlfriend however, does not mind commuting to work within reason. So, she will have no problem getting around.

Monstersizin, we'd like to live in that general area because all areas within 5 miles of my work. I'm an active person and plan on biking to and from work for the first year.

I'm sure the summers will be hot but, not any hotter than summers where I've lived before and done it.

Thanks for posting the map. I will compare the areas you mentioned to the one's we've already looked at.

--

Generally speaking, are there any areas known for crime, gang activity, etc that we should avoid?
89146 in Spring Valley area is generally safe and very accessible to many places including the Strip. There are also many middle class and affluent people residing in the area. Have a look around when you are in town. There are many custom built homes in the 89146 zipcode. Silverado Ranch to me is a ghetto same with many areas in Green Valley. To each his own really so goodluck!

Old 11-19-2014, 06:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,324 times
What area should my 21 year old daughter move with her son? She's basically going to be by herself out there.
It's cheaper than the Silicon Valley, to live alone...but what's safe around there and what are safe serving restaurants and/or hotels?
Anyone know anything about Tiffany Place, or Charleston Blvd.?

Thank you...any information is appreciated.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:56 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,798,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lissflo View Post
What area should my 21 year old daughter move with her son? She's basically going to be by herself out there.
It's cheaper than the Silicon Valley, to live alone...but what's safe around there and what are safe serving restaurants and/or hotels?
Anyone know anything about Tiffany Place, or Charleston Blvd.?

Thank you...any information is appreciated.
Money is no object? She will have no trouble. There are dozens and dozens of places if a couple of grand a month is not a problem.

Other than that you need to get realistic. Where does she need to be? If nowhere she can live in the other fringe and be quite secure reasonably inexpensively. If however she works and need to get somewhere it gets complicated.

As a general rule anyplace within a couple of miles of the 215 will be OK. And outside of the 215 virtually forever. There may be better places than those but you have not provided enough information to tell.

This is a large and complex city over 40 miles across. It does not have simple save areas for newcomers.

You and she might also read the first thread in this forum. A good place to start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas