Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 06:20 PM

2,846 posts, read 4,519,900 times

Advertisements

i live in a county where brothels are legal. there are many advantages to them, but they don't solve every single problem.

* the girls are there willingly, no one is forced into this "career"
* johns MUST wear a condom, period. no discussions.
* each room has a panic button in case the johns get violent
* the girls must be registered as sex workers with the county
* the girls are tested either weekly or monthly (i forget which), there has NEVER been a disease reported in nye county history
* the county makes BANK from the taxes imposed on the brothels

and if you're thinking of opening your own legal brothel? the application process is VERY VERY intense, more so than a liquor license. they leave no rock unturned during the application process - no convicted felons; a list of ALL prior arrests and convictions for ANY crime; extensive investigation into your finances; you MUST live in the county; your home addresses for the last 10 yrs; your employment history for the last 10 yrs; and the list goes on & on...

would legal brothels solve the mom & pop prostitution rings? i can't say for sure as i've never seen mention of this activity in the newspaper. i believe it's a misdemeanor if you're caught operating an illegal brothel.

would legal brothels solve the streetwalking problem? again, i can't say for sure, but i don't see them walking the streets here. and besides - how ya gonna solve the "i don't have any money to pay for the drugs, maybe we could arrange payment another way" scenario?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 08:39 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times
I'm guessing the savvy, prostitute-employing international set that come to Las Vegas, who perhaps have been to the sex capital of the world (Bangkok), would be very disappointed in going to a Nevada Brothel, mainly the lack of choice and the exorbitant prices.

I've been to Bangkok a few times, strolled thru their Pat Pong red light district, with a separate district for male prostitutes, and who can do it better than Bangkok!!! They even put Amsterdam to shame!!! All done so professionally!

There's several Bangkok websites, where you can pre-arrange for a prostitute to meet you at the Airport when you arrive.

The casualties of the Internet continue to climb. This is just one more casualty. And even if they were to zone in a red light district in Las Vegas today, the Internet choices may very well make it unprofitable as well.

I, one time, did home care on someone who had an independent limo service to a brothel up in Pahrump and he showed me the menu/price list of services and I was shell-shocked at the prices!

For the most minimal service, I could get 4 prostitutes to spend the night with me in Tijuana, out of their notorious Zona Norte red light district. When I'm propositioned on the Strip by a prostitute some night, that's what I tell them: For what I'd pay you for merely taking your shoes off, I could get one to spend the entire night with me in Tijuana!

Old 08-28-2013, 09:13 PM

700 posts, read 1,329,539 times
On the long drive from Reno to Vegas I saw a couple in the sparsely populated villages along 95. So the rate in the 1000s for full service in a trailer in the middle of nowhere? No thanks. No wonder it's failing. Sure other countries do it better, but other American cities are offering better value for money especially when you can arrange it online and sift through the riff raff.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:32 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,073,436 times
The linked article says, "(Susan) Austin became a prostitute at age 49 before becoming a madam" . Seems kind of old to start being a prostitute??

Old 08-29-2013, 06:59 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
The linked article says, "(Susan) Austin became a prostitute at age 49 before becoming a madam" . Seems kind of old to start being a prostitute??
Maybe she had to prove that she could perform the profession before being able to manage it.

Sent from watch

Old 08-29-2013, 09:42 AM

15,841 posts, read 14,472,390 times
The point is, that is why that population level rule is in place. They convention industry wants to keep it out of LV and Reno (I don't know how much they care about Reno any more.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
It could never happen anyway unless the state law were change. Clark County has to much population to ever be legalized.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:23 PM

2,846 posts, read 4,519,900 times
i understand the whole thought process of "if it's legal here, no one will attend the biz meeting", but IMO it sure would be more profitable to legalize it than to arrest the same girls over & over & over again.... it's like catch & release

Old 08-29-2013, 07:41 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
I'm 63, and if I wanted to go out and purchase a prostitute, I'd want one within 15 years of my age, or a prostitute who has packed away decades-worth of carnal knowledge! Why would I take my car to a good-looking mechanic who just graduated in lieu an older mechanic with many more years of experience?

And let's no forget, there are younger clients out there looking for mother figure-type prostitutes!

Old 08-29-2013, 08:13 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I'm 63, and if I wanted to go out and purchase a prostitute, I'd want one within 15 years of my age, or a prostitute who has packed away decades-worth of carnal knowledge! Why would I take my car to a good-looking mechanic who just graduated in lieu an older mechanic with many more years of experience?

And let's no forget, there are younger clients out there looking for mother figure-type prostitutes!
Mechanic or prostitute; They both screw, nut and bolt.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:29 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,989,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I'm guessing the savvy, prostitute-employing international set that come to Las Vegas, who perhaps have been to the sex capital of the world (Bangkok), would be very disappointed in going to a Nevada Brothel, mainly the lack of choice and the exorbitant prices.

I've been to Bangkok a few times, strolled thru their Pat Pong red light district, with a separate district for male prostitutes, and who can do it better than Bangkok!!! They even put Amsterdam to shame!!! All done so professionally!

There's several Bangkok websites, where you can pre-arrange for a prostitute to meet you at the Airport when you arrive.

The casualties of the Internet continue to climb. This is just one more casualty. And even if they were to zone in a red light district in Las Vegas today, the Internet choices may very well make it unprofitable as well.

I, one time, did home care on someone who had an independent limo service to a brothel up in Pahrump and he showed me the menu/price list of services and I was shell-shocked at the prices!

For the most minimal service, I could get 4 prostitutes to spend the night with me in Tijuana, out of their notorious Zona Norte red light district. When I'm propositioned on the Strip by a prostitute some night, that's what I tell them: For what I'd pay you for merely taking your shoes off, I could get one to spend the entire night with me in Tijuana!
Dude, you can't compare the 2000 bhat BKK girls with the working girls in Encore; it's like comparing Delta Coach and Emirates international first class.

I have a condo in BKK and its haven for low brow sex pats. That being said, what some of these women are able to command is startling. I know girls in Vegas that get 2500 a night.

On another note, many girls come to vegas who become hookers for a night....hanging out in this city has caused me to lose what scintilla of respect I use to have for most Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas