Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 02:10 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grande_Expectations View Post
You could actually be on the hook for putting that security door on in the first place. Renters don't get to make modifications to a property without permission.

In the end, you broke the lease, plain and simple. That you were harassed on your way to the car is not their problem. Why should they have to fight and suffer? Why should they have to negotiate when it doesn't even sound like they are coming after you for the full term of the lease? They did nothing wrong.

You bailed on a contract. Glad you aren't one of my renters.
If you were one of my renters, i'd go after you relentlessly for the whole amount of the lease. So at $500mo. and you bailed the first month... $5,500 is what i would go after.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 04:35 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
If you were one of my renters, i'd go after you relentlessly for the whole amount of the lease. So at $500mo. and you bailed the first month... $5,500 is what i would go after.
Nah. You got to go rent the place again quickly and that pretty well seals her liability at a month or two.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:53 PM

8 posts, read 14,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Nah. You got to go rent the place again quickly and that pretty well seals her liability at a month or two.
YEP! Landlord must make a reasonable attempt to rent the place. Stops dirtbags from trying to collect "Double Rent" Real Landlords Know this!

Old 02-05-2014, 07:02 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseellington View Post
YEP! Landlord must make a reasonable attempt to rent the place. Stops dirtbags from trying to collect "Double Rent" Real Landlords Know this!
Actually they don't. I had my original landlord in Las Vegas try to take my security deposit for the last two months rent even though the place rented to a new tenant the day my rent was finished. I actually smoothed the way by moving a couple of weeks early and let the new tenant move in for a couple of free weeks.

Had to take him to small claims court to get the money back. His problem was that his RE Agent told him he could collect for all the lease that I did not use....even though that is entirely wrong.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:30 AM

164 posts, read 260,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V2thunder View Post
That's not a very good way of thinking for these burglars. Many people in good hoods have disposable income that they spend on firearms and would love to usem on the idiot that wants to come in to the house the steal the things they gathered with their hard earned money.

For example my security is set up to let me know an intruder is present without them knowing I know. So I get an alert. I go sit at the entrance to the triggered zone and bam I expend 2 calories worth of trigger effort and pity the fool.
haha. just so you are aware... if that ever were to happen then this post would bury you at the hearing.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:20 AM

402 posts, read 745,887 times
While the thread is revived I'm looking at a condo around W Trop and S Decatur. Thoughts on this area?

Old 02-08-2014, 01:39 PM

35 posts, read 56,741 times
Safety. Everyone is talking about it. You're talking about it. I'm talking about it. The whole world is talking about it. Why? Because people want to be safe, that's why. Never fear. I have a solution.

Buy a shotgun and two Dobermans. Hole up in a shack in the desert, miles from any neighbors. Lock all the doors and windows. Never go outside. If anyone knocks on the door, or - worst case scenario -- tries to break in, blast 'em. Of course, if you kill the intruder, you just might get a surprise visit from a relative of his, who's not happy that you shot his uncle, or brother, or father, or whatever. If that happens, call me immediately. Dirty jobs like this are best left to a man like me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: