Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 07:28 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,781,352 times

Advertisements

I've done a few searches, but have only found Gilcrease Orchard as a place to buy pumpkins, gourds, corn stalks, hay bales, etc for decorating our home for Fall. We brought the inside decorations with us when we moved, but we would like to find a place that carries the outside decorations. I am going to have a hard time getting to Gilcrease, as they list their hours as 7a-12p Tue/Thu/Sat and that's going to be difficult.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a place that will sell outdoor decorations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 07:59 AM

112 posts, read 316,225 times
I am not sure if they are for outdoor, but usually Hobby Lobby has a bunch of fall stuff to choose from. Maybe you can call them first before heading over to make sure. They are closed on Sundays so keep that in mind as well! For the hay bales, can you go to a feed store? I don't know how big the bales are though.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:02 AM

Hobby Lobby has some of decorations, but mostly indoor. We did get a couple scarecrows for outside there last year. I'm looking for real pumpkins/gourds/corn stalks though. I'll check out feed stores for hay bales, good idea!

Old 09-11-2013, 09:43 AM

112 posts, read 316,225 times
What about the farm? I heard about it but have never been there. Maybe others can weigh in on whether or not it is still open, their website hasn't been updated since early spring

Old 09-11-2013, 10:05 AM

555 posts, read 1,258,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
I've done a few searches, but have only found Gilcrease Orchard as a place to buy pumpkins, gourds, corn stalks, hay bales, etc for decorating our home for Fall. We brought the inside decorations with us when we moved, but we would like to find a place that carries the outside decorations. I am going to have a hard time getting to Gilcrease, as they list their hours as 7a-12p Tue/Thu/Sat and that's going to be difficult.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a place that will sell outdoor decorations?

Usually the garden nurseries (Star Nursery) has all that stuff, also Napa Valley on Charleston, most supermarkets carry pumpkins and gourds for décor, Hobby Lobby has fake-like straw bales (and TONS of fall decorations) but not real pumpkins or gourds, same with Jo-Anns and Michaels.

Also try those empty lot event places, the ones that have the jumper thingys for kids, they usually sell pumpkins and gourds, and straw bales, they usually pop up all over the valley, if not now, they will be soon.

You can also try Jacobs for the straw bales, 656-2344, also Jones Feed and Tack (Lone Mt. Rd), they used to sell the straw bales people like to decorate with.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:24 AM

Awesome.. Thanks!

Old 09-11-2013, 12:11 PM

404 posts, read 1,195,256 times
Believe it or not, the Walmart stores out here have really great pumpkins and a wide variety of large gourds. they have just started arriving. No hay bales, though. If you have any IFAs nearby, they usually carry hay bales and corn stalks. Might not want to put these out in a west facing area!

Old 09-11-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfitt View Post
Believe it or not, the Walmart stores out here have really great pumpkins and a wide variety of large gourds. they have just started arriving. No hay bales, though. If you have any IFAs nearby, they usually carry hay bales and corn stalks. Might not want to put these out in a west facing area!
We'll check out Walmart as well. Our house faces East, and the decorations will be going in the front. Thanks!

Old 09-11-2013, 02:25 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
I would guess it is still a bit early for pumpkins yet.

I refuse to acknowledge fall until summer is actually over

Old 09-11-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I would guess it is still a bit early for pumpkins yet.

I refuse to acknowledge fall until summer is actually over
10 more days until Summer's over (hopefully many more days before the chilly weather gets here).. we have a cookout for 20 or 30 on Sunday and want to decorate for Fall prior to then.. We'll check out some places and see how the inventory looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas