Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2013, 08:26 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,143,131 times

Advertisements

definitely avoid tunnels if you are timing the end of your shift - you don't want to be late . i almost was late once, but it was a juicy fare with a couple of stops.

i used to head for encore for my first stop in the morning. i would get a good first fare to start my shift more times than not. try something out. if it works, do it again. any strategy is a gamble and you rely on luck most times, but, you can make your own luck.

accident in a taxi. i had one. a throw away fare from walmart loading groceries and then to a home nearby - short. i was backing up into the driveway to make for an easy unload and hit (more like a tap) a parked (more like an abandoned piece of s.) piece of s. i could hear the cha ching in their brains from the front seat. called dispacth, safety guy came out, he took pics, report. my insurance wasn't affected nor did it ever come into play. the co. "settled" with the guy and they docked my pay. what a rip. no way that damage was 2 bills. whatever. live and learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 08:26 PM

48 posts, read 62,885 times
Diana, what company did you get on? mind sharing their compensation? you can pm me if you'd like.

thanks (writing this as I'm an staged at stratosphere)

Old 10-08-2013, 08:41 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,116,365 times
I hate the split line of the strat and how slow it moves.

Encore usually moves pretty well and the people that stay there tend to be more upscale and thus have more money.

Tuesdays with big conventions kick ass. I booked over 300 and 110 in tips. I have a feeling everyone else booked 400~

I accidentally long hauled 2 dudes but they were cool with it.
Doorman told me convention center south.
So that's where I went. I get there and the dude tells me Caesar's convention center. He said "The door guy didn't say Caesar's, did he?"
I pulled out thinking I was turning onto sands, but it was desert inn. Ended up being 25 bucks and they tipped anyway.

I think the longest I sat in any line was 10 minutes and I got a 40 dollar ride out of it.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:43 PM

61 posts, read 105,063 times
YCS. its 38 1/2 % of fare, & you keep tips. It goes up to 43% with senority.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:43 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,116,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana5947 View Post
So, what times would you avoid the tunnel at encore & bellagio? Hour before you're off & early in the am. (Like what times are those, please?). Thanks.

Yeah, an hour before you're off. Encore tends to do well early in the am, at least on the weekends. There's usually 50+ people in the cab line waiting for a cab fri and sat night.
Even on the week days it moves good in the am.

38.5???? Before or after gas?

Old 10-08-2013, 08:55 PM

We dont pay for gas. And, they are hiring people right & left, everytime I go in, their hiring more at the counter. Wondering if they let lots go,- fast.??....(They said they are the only company in town that you don't pay for gas).

Old 10-08-2013, 09:34 PM

ok, hate to sound really stupid, but reading this blog says....taxi driver to get out at hotel & open trunk-, but then doorman takes out bags? Is that right?

Old 10-08-2013, 09:53 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,078 times
YCS Is a revolving door...After four weeks I moved up almost 100 senority numbers...

Tunnels...or places you can get trapped:

Aria South, Bellagio, Venetian, Wyn, Encore, Caesars, Part of North Outlets, Luxor, Quad, T1, T3 Part of Mirage.

Sometimes a tunnel property can be good but you gotta be careful...I was once stuck in Bellagio's tunnel for over two hours.

Yes, an accident or police stop while driving taxi can affect your own record if you are ticketed. It would then ultimately affect your insurance somewhat.

At YCS you don't pay car damage anymore...they either fire you or not.

You don't pay for fuel but you do pay them twenty cents per paid mile.

Whatever your book is you subtract .20/paid mile and .60/ride, THEN you get 38.5% of the remainder. It equals about 33% of the gross.

EDIT:

When picking up you get out and open the trunk/hatch for the doorman to load the luggage, when dropping, you unload the luggage...some Bells will unload if their service is requested.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:04 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,536,885 times
anyone here ever do a ride along for a whole shift prior to signing up?

Old 10-08-2013, 10:19 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
anyone here ever do a ride along for a whole shift prior to signing up?

Take away one passenger seat? NEVAH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas