Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2014, 08:30 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,074,214 times

Advertisements

I'm not at Fiat, I'm at the Dodge in the Automall. Not sure which one you think I'm at. lol.
Towbin Fiat was number 2 this year I think.

They expect you to sell 9 cars a month. I was just saying, with the 4-5, that I could afford my bills on a very small number of cars sold.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 01:20 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,865,537 times
sorry, thought you were at fiat... you would make more there though... people coming through the door know what they want since the fiat is so unique. and towbin owns the dealership also....

always go to simplyhired or glassdoor.. very accurate..

wishing you luck

Old 01-15-2014, 01:47 AM
EA

You kind of have to start at Dodge and work your way up to Fiat. If you do well there, you can move to motorcars and sell 6 figure cars.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:18 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,187,779 times
Good luck, EA! This thread needs to be about taxis again, though.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:15 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,454,691 times
^^^^ Well, one problem with that is the fact that the majority of posters in this thread either are not LV taxi drivers or were and are no longer! Kind of says something about the job itself...

One thing that seems consistent is the phases that each of us went through as we went from being motivated, enthusiastic, frustrated by own own mistakes, hopeful of the future as we got better then the reality of the situation sinking in right as the schedule began to wear you down.

Interestingly, I still have a similar schedule but it doesn't wear me down as much...then again it pays about three times as much as the cab did....so that helps.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:24 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,187,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
^^^^ Well, one problem with that is the fact that the majority of posters in this thread either are not LV taxi drivers or were and are no longer! Kind of says something about the job itself...

One thing that seems consistent is the phases that each of us went through as we went from being motivated, enthusiastic, frustrated by own own mistakes, hopeful of the future as we got better then the reality of the situation sinking in right as the schedule began to wear you down.

Interestingly, I still have a similar schedule but it doesn't wear me down as much...then again it pays about three times as much as the cab did....so that helps.

True enough. But, it's not the official Taxi thread if you are all talking about the jobs you have now. There's a chat thread for that. If someone comes along with a question about taxi driving, they can find the thread and either read the answer, if there is one, or post another question.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:31 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,454,691 times
^^^^^I get that....just saying!

Old 01-16-2014, 03:28 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,156,818 times
I have been following this thread for awhile because I find it interesting. I was wondering if there are drivers who stick with it for years? It seems like there is a very high turnover rate for drivers for various reasons.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:36 PM

1,789 posts, read 2,130,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post

And [ahem] those still driving probably aren't proficient enough in English to post here.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:58 PM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline2121 View Post
I have been following this thread for awhile because I find it interesting. I was wondering if there are drivers who stick with it for years? It seems like there is a very high turnover rate for drivers for various reasons.

I've talked to a few long term drivers. One was 20 years, another was 14. They have regular customers, and budget their money. You make a lot in the summer, so if you spread it out, you'll make a decent amount all year. With the right schedule you can make a lot of money. With the right knowledge you can make more money. I lacked these things and couldn't afford to wait until I got them.

72 hours is brutal, now I'll be worked 45~ hours a week with 2 days off. Much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas