Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 04:13 PM

654 posts, read 1,322,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strato58 View Post
oh and we go through all kinds of loops for a stinking $300 to 350 fee for single family homes....what do the realtors make on a sale? The thin a CMA is an appraisal...its not....not even close
WOW. The hubris is bleeding through the screen ...

Perhaps you aren't making what you were at the peak of your profession, but MANY, MANY people would love the chance to make a 'stinking $300 to 350 fee' for less than a days' work with the opportunity for a flexible schedule the rest of the time.

My income is certainly down from what it was at its peak, yet I'm grateful for what I do have & appreciate the flexibility it provides me. To each his own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 04:22 PM

365 posts, read 423,677 times
wow sorry if my income bothers you so much....but im business is down big....I trying to help you folks out if you have any appraisal related questions and all I get is how much im making...well let me tell you 30k per year does not cut it in NJ....[mod cut-- rude, personal]

Last edited by observer53; 09-24-2013 at 04:36 PM..

Old 09-24-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadobb View Post

Perhaps you aren't making what you were at the peak of your profession, but MANY, MANY people would love the chance to make a 'stinking $300 to 350 fee' for less than a days' work with the opportunity for a flexible schedule the rest of the time.

My income is certainly down from what it was at its peak, yet I'm grateful for what I do have & appreciate the flexibility it provides me. To each his own.

By the way 30 years of appraisal experience is worth plenty don't you think? Just go overpay and eat it in the end.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadobb View Post

Less than a days work? another fool without a clue....did you know that sometimes even after the appraisal has been in the lenders hands for 30 days I get requests to do things to it? No you didn't...you don't know much. What should I make for what I do? I have more info in my head then you can imagine. FHA/CONVENTIONAL Rehab loans, 203K's multi fams, condos, co-ops [off topic]

Last edited by observer53; 09-24-2013 at 04:42 PM..

Old 09-24-2013, 04:34 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
FYI appraisers are not magic guru's of value. Appraisals are more to show that the current sale price is supportable by the market. For a home to over appraise it has to be obvious that there are many similar homes that sold above your purchase price. Appraisals coming in at sale price is way more typical than not. PS I've over appraised homes that sold low and under appraised homes that sold high. IMO coming in at sale price is a good thing. Any appraisal that comes in above sale price had better be supported well because underwriters are looking very close. FYI on refinaces there is no number supplied to the appraiser.
So we now agree that the appraisal doesn't actually return the market value.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:35 PM

If everyone is doing so poorly financially why are house prices going up so fast? [mod cut-- rude]

Last edited by observer53; 09-24-2013 at 04:54 PM..

Old 09-24-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
So we now agree that the appraisal doesn't actually return the market value.
No we don't...that happens to be the market value

Old 09-24-2013, 04:39 PM

Ive come to the conclusion that trying to explain things to realtors is just a waist of time. You have your 20 hours of class time....wow! Nothing can be easier than becoming a realtor.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:45 PM

FYI if anyone has appraisal related questions id be more than happy to answer them...I might even be able to help the realtors out if they have an appraisal that they are questioning, after all we are all in this business together....Good luck to everyone.

Last edited by observer53; 09-24-2013 at 04:53 PM.. Reason: discussing moderation

Old 09-24-2013, 04:53 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,552,260 times
Quote:
you gave YOUR answer but that does not mean you are correct or even know what your talking about. ONCE AGAIN BANKS HAVE NO CONTACT WITH APPRAISERS. THEY DO NOT TELL THE APPRAIER TO BE CAUTIOUS. THIS IS SO BEYOND FOOLISH ITS PLAIN STUPID. YOU REALTORS ARE LIKE WILD PACK ANIMALS. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BECAUSE YOU COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG. PEOPLE ASK ANY APPRAISER IF THE BANK IS ASKING THEM TO BE CAUTIOUS. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR BECAUSE YOUR BEING FED B.S. BY THE PEOPLE THAT ARE SELLING YOU HOMES
An appraiser saying he is not being encouraged to be cautious for the bank? Surprise surprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas