Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 12:21 PM

204 posts, read 875,741 times

Advertisements

Some friends and I have been planning a trip to Vegas for a couple of months now; the trip isn't until November but we'd been checking into prices and trying to decide which hotel we wanted to stay in since early Aug. We'd pretty much decided on Flamingo, Harrah's or Bally's with Bally's being our top choice. We didn't see the point in booking so early but was just keeping an eye on prices and at that point in time the trip (flight+hotel) were varying from $475 to $490 max for the dates we chose, Nov. 8th-11th. Now that we've narrowed down how many people are going and everything, we were planning to book this week. However, prices have now skyrocketed! Bally's is $693 while Harrah's and the Flamingo are now over $700!! I don't understand how prices have jumped over $200; now my friends are worried that prices will continue to go up but I don't want to book at this price if they will drop back down. Can anyone shed some light on this situation? Will prices dip back down? Or are we now stuck with having to pay so much more than we had anticipated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 12:29 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,992,760 times
You should be posting on flyertalk or similar. The prices aren't going any direction except up. Move your trip back so you can take advantage of purchasing further out, or deal with the higher prices.

Also, "flight+hotel" -- usually it's the flight portion that goes up considerably. But hotels work the same way as airlines do. As inventory decreases, they raise the prices. So, bottom line, you're stuck. And waiting isn't going to make it any better. The travel industry rewards the people who can pull the trigger early.

PS -- And don't forget to add in the resort fees.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:31 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyp02 View Post
Some friends and I have been planning a trip to Vegas for a couple of months now; the trip isn't until November but we'd been checking into prices and trying to decide which hotel we wanted to stay in since early Aug. We'd pretty much decided on Flamingo, Harrah's or Bally's with Bally's being our top choice. We didn't see the point in booking so early but was just keeping an eye on prices and at that point in time the trip (flight+hotel) were varying from $475 to $490 max for the dates we chose, Nov. 8th-11th. Now that we've narrowed down how many people are going and everything, we were planning to book this week. However, prices have now skyrocketed! Bally's is $693 while Harrah's and the Flamingo are now over $700!! I don't understand how prices have jumped over $200; now my friends are worried that prices will continue to go up but I don't want to book at this price if they will drop back down. Can anyone shed some light on this situation? Will prices dip back down? Or are we now stuck with having to pay so much more than we had anticipated?
The closer it gets to your dates, the higher the price. Same with airfare.

Also, if your dates are flexible, check out what is going on in Vegas. When there are conventions the hotel rates go up, so plan around those weeks accordingly.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:52 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,242 times
Delete your web browser's cookies/cache then try again. You might be surprised at what you see.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:34 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,884,616 times
Airfare may come down, but hotels probably not. Airfare is cheapest 3-6 weeks prior to last departure, on average excluding holiday seasons or big events.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:37 PM

843 posts, read 2,216,783 times
When in November? You're getting into the holiday season, I'd think airlines are all jacking rates up.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:41 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,784,829 times
I can tell you from experience, that the least expensive week to visit Las Vegas is the week before Christmas. Hotels and flights are the lowest that week. If you can put the trip off for a month, I think you will find the savings will be there.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:54 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,277,953 times
Airfares to Las Vegas change daily. Today, I saw a $228 RT ORD-LAS on Delta and MDW-LAS on Southwest. Last week, the cheapest flight was $356. When you find a good fare going forward, jump on it immediately.

Old 09-25-2013, 07:59 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,962,597 times
A good idea is to stay at one of the hotels that has access to the tram. That way you can go between hotels on the train. Also why not just call the hotels and ask for a deal? Worse they can say is no.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:34 PM

67 posts, read 103,122 times
Always ALWAYS book as soon as you can. Prices for Vegas jump the longer you wait usually. As people book and hotels & flights get filled prices get higher, just like everything else. So if you can book now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas