Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 09:05 PM

19 posts, read 40,937 times

Advertisements

Yeah you are totally going to come down here and tear **** up yo.
You sound ignorant and arrogant, you'll fit right in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 12:57 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,491,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by out View Post
Hmm, that's good to know. Interesting.

General questions for everybody!!!

My current car insurance in CT for my 01 A6 is $350/month

My girlfriend's car insurance in CT for her 09 beetle is $200 a month on her MOTHER's insurance.

she has her insurance/registration on her VW beetle in CT. Her mother is cosigned onto the loan. With her on her own insurance(maybe she can get on mine?) it will cost her $340 a month.

Insurance for both of us = ~$700 a month. Sickening. We are both 21 and hoping our insurance goes down.

Does anyone have an idea if i can keep a vehicle registered in CT while being a nevada resident until it needs to be renewed? We both want to become nevada residents ASAP.
Our roadways are nice, wide and maintained regularly. Part of the funds for maintaining our roadways come from taxes collected during registration of cars from residents and that includes new residents moving in town. Help keep our roadways maintained regularly by registering your car once you have moved in.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:07 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,785,752 times
License and registration within 30 days of being a resident is the rule. You will find that traffic tickets and other general citations are no joke here. It's not the $50-$100 ticket like we had back east. Just an FYI, my wife's license expired 3 business days after we moved here. There is no grace period to renew, and she was too busy running around getting our new house set up and hadn't had a chance to get to the DMV in the first couple days after we got here. A couple days later she got pulled over for 43 in a 35 a couple streets over from our house. She got a warning for that, but a $690 ticket for the license. It ended up getting reduced to $75, but I would not recommend driving for any period of time with an out of state plate. Remember, there's no income tax here, so be prepared to pay if you get any type of violation.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:50 AM

555 posts, read 1,259,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastnv View Post

No job, just up and move cross country because the pretty bright lights and the party hearty legend lives on forever, lol

Oh well, these are just kids out for a good wild ride, so why not? They're not the first and will not be the last to do it. Of course they're ignorant and arrogant, who isn't at that age? I know a few of them myself. In their eyes, they can conquer the world!

If they make it here, fine, good for them. More than likely when the party is over and they find Vegas doesn't measure up to what they are dreaming so much about, back to horribly cold (IMO) CT they go.

But at least they'd have had a good time!

Good luck OUT

Last edited by Kitchen Witch; 10-15-2013 at 11:33 AM..

Old 10-15-2013, 02:44 PM
out out started this thread

18 posts, read 26,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastnv View Post
If anyone is being ignorant it's you. Not sure if you read my thread or can comprehend what i'm saying. You have no idea who i am or what my purpose is down there. Tear **** up? seriously? How are you getting that from me? Fail.

How am i being ignorant and arrogant? I don't drink, party, smoke or have any interest in gambling. I'm moving there because I want to and my GF is going to be attending UNLV. It seems like nobody is reading the thread. Bright lights? That's not it either, seen my fair share of shiny lights and buildings as i'm 30 mins out of NYC lol...I've simply saved up enough money from my day job and should have enough to survive for 6 months to a year if the position i have lined up doesn't work out. Keep the garbage out of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchen Witch View Post
No job, just up and move cross country because the pretty bright lights and the party hearty legend lives on forever, lol

Oh well, these are just kids out for a good wild ride, so why not? They're not the first and will not be the last to do it. Of course they're ignorant and arrogant, who isn't at that age? I know a few of them myself. In their eyes, they can conquer the world!
Thats quite an assumption, unfourtanately you are wrong. Thanks for saying good luck though i appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
Our roadways are nice, wide and maintained regularly. Part of the funds for maintaining our roadways come from taxes collected during registration of cars from residents and that includes new residents moving in town. Help keep our roadways maintained regularly by registering your car once you have moved in.
I've got no problem paying taxes. I pay vehicle tax, state tax, income tax...as well as tax on tax and live in the most tax'd state in the US. I'm all for it. In fact, i'd be paying less taxes down there. I've just recently done my research. Shouldn't be too much of a problem. The only problem i can see is registering my GF's car in Nevada simply because the loan is cosigned with somone in CT. Not trying to evade taxes. If anything, registering the vehicle in Nevada is giving us a break. Also, i've got a quote for car insurance down there and it's significantly less than it is here so thats great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
License and registration within 30 days of being a resident is the rule. You will find that traffic tickets and other general citations are no joke here. It's not the $50-$100 ticket like we had back east.
I don't expect violations to be any less than here. The last speeding ticket i got was something like $450. What ever state gets tickets for $50-100 is lucky. (edit i see you are from RI)

Anyways. It looks like we are still going to the apartment complex we viewed the last time we went down there. It's quite reasonable! Although i am keeping my eyes open for different options! That's why i signed up here. Looking for places the locals enjoy going to and possibly to meet new people. If anyone has anything negative to say send me a PM. It seems like (unemployed?) people are being quite hostile that an outsider is going to their city. I'm not there to take your job and certainly not going down there for unemployment benefits. An additonal person paying taxes to your city/state as well as improve local economy by renting an apartment & supporting local buisnesses won't have any negative effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
I just moved here with my wife in June from RI and LOVE it! Congrats on the move!
Just saw this. That's an even more of a leap than me. Hope you continue enjoying the move. That helps me with any doubts i have so far.

Thanks to those that have contributed so far. Highly appreciated.

Last edited by out; 10-15-2013 at 03:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas