Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 11:05 AM

19 posts, read 87,829 times

Advertisements

I've been considering establishing service with Winder Farms. They deliver fresh produce (veggies, meats, holiday stuff) to your door. Does anyone have experience with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 01:15 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,217,477 times
I don't, but i am thinking about trying them soon. I talked to one of the reps at the last Beauty health and fitness show at cashman center in september.
They deliver food once a week in a cooler outside your door, everything is fresh from the farm in Utah. It costs a little more, but she also said they don't use harmful pesticides and much of their produce is organic. The food is fresher coming directly from their farm, instead of being shipped in from who knows where and what country and sitting for weeks before you buy it.
You are also paying extra for the convenience of someone bringing food to your home. It can be incredibly handy for people that can't get out much due to illness or mobility problems. And also for busy people that just don't have time to spend an hour in the store. Or people that just hate to shop.
If you decide to try them, tell them you saw them at the show i mentioned above. It's worth between $30-$50 worth of stuff and a free cooler for signing up according to the rep.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:06 PM

7 posts, read 45,120 times
Default Love the Service

I have been a Winder Customer for over a year now and I love it. With six kids I hate going to the store. I used to go shopping 2-3 times per week and now I go about 2-3 times per month (including once a month to Costco) and have all my fresh groceries delivered. Even though the milk is about 2.00 a gallon more than the store, I save about about 100.00 a month on my budget. Also, the quality is better most times than what I get at my local store. The only down side is the selection, but with all the products Winder has added in the past year, it is becoming less of an issue.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:50 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,258,011 times
Would it pay for a couple with no kids to use them? How often do they come? Is there a minimum?

Old 11-29-2007, 12:04 AM

My sister (single) love that her salads last about 1-2 weeks while staying fresh. They do come once per week on the same day and there is a $5.00 minimum.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodoldfox View Post
My sister (single) love that her salads last about 1-2 weeks while staying fresh. They do come once per week on the same day and there is a $5.00 minimum.
Thanks.
Hmmmm. Do the salads stay fresh because they are sprayed with nitrates and nitrites? Or are they organic?

Old 11-29-2007, 12:16 AM

The web site (Winder Farms) says that they have no pesticides or preservatives. They come in a resealable bowl and when my wife is in the mood for salads I know that have lasted for almost two weeks as she munched on them.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:00 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,217,477 times
That's one of the reasons i was considering Winder Farms. They are local (the next state over), all their foods do not have pesticides, and produce is picked fresh daily, or weekly if its delivered once a week. Dairy is fresh as is the bread baked fresh. Sounds great. But im only interested in the produce and bread.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:44 AM

14 posts, read 120,106 times
We use Winder Farms. We have had a few mix ups but they have always credited my account with no questions asked.

Their website is AWFUL to use. You can't see your total, orders are hard and it is confusing. I spoke with them last week and they told me that they are nearly ready to roll out a new format that will have everything it's missing.

The food is great. We LOVE the Tamales, Breads and Fruit. Everything has been fresh.

The cooler is around $30 but you get a $30 credit on your next order just for signing up. I would LOVE to send you a referral. This would get us each the $30.

Please email me at lcsecretsis@yahoo.com and I will send it your way!!

Have a great day!!

Mrs Mud

Old 11-29-2007, 02:41 PM

Since they obviously can't pick fresh veggies in the winter in Utah, I'm wondering where they get them from during the off season. Grocery stores get them from all over the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas