Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 01:00 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,335,155 times

Advertisements

I think DD is OK if you can't find a Starbucks or a Coffee Bean, but it ain't Starbucks. Looks to me like the real attraction is donuts, and while you're there you might as well have a coffee, which is just OK. But if there is a Starbucks or Coffee Bean nearby, I'll get my donuts and go over there for the coffee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 01:07 AM

623 posts, read 1,816,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I think DD is OK if you can't find a Starbucks or a Coffee Bean, but it ain't Starbucks. Looks to me like the real attraction is donuts, and while you're there you might as well have a coffee, which is just OK. But if there is a Starbucks or Coffee Bean nearby, I'll get my donuts and go over there for the coffee.

I prefer DD coffee to star bucks, to me SB tastes burnt

Old 06-25-2008, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrice View Post
Since Starbucks is so successful a lot of people must like the way they roast their coffee. But Coffee Bean advertises the opposite. They specifically go after Starbucks on that by saying that their coffee is lightly roasted to just the right taste. And it is. It's better than Starbucks. There's just not enough of them, and in my case, I have to drive too far to the nearest one. The other thing is convenience and service. Even with 45, or whatever, Dunkin Donuts, that still isn't even close to probably 200 or more Starbucks locations.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:09 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,093,668 times
Starbucks "cutsie" coffee's are GREAT.......however......if ya just want plain ol black coffee it tastes like roasted rabbit tu#$%

Old 06-25-2008, 02:32 PM
MS1

135 posts, read 357,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Starbucks "cutsie" coffee's are GREAT.......however......if ya just want plain ol black coffee it tastes like roasted rabbit tu#$%
Are those good? I've never had them before....

Old 06-25-2008, 02:49 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,093,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS1 View Post
Are those good? I've never had them before....
The cutsie coffees or the roasted rabbit %^rds?

Old 06-25-2008, 03:05 PM
MS1

135 posts, read 357,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
The cutsie coffees or the roasted rabbit %^rds?
The rabbit turds of course lol. Growing up in Massachusetts, I'm somewhat biased about Dunkin' Donuts, but I enjoy the cutsie coffees/teas at Starbucks just as well--rabbit turds or no rabbit turds.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:50 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,638,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrice View Post
Starbucks is burnt but it's on purpose. They actually stopped burning it but due to customer demand, they started burning it again. Starbucks Yields to Customer Demand; Brings Back Burnt Coffee | Serious Eats : Required Eating
Some say it is the old Coke to Coke Classic trick.

Old 06-25-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Starbucks is burnt but it's on purpose. They actually stopped burning it but due to customer demand, they started burning it again. Starbucks Yields to Customer Demand; Brings Back Burnt Coffee | Serious Eats : Required Eating
Some say it is the old Coke to Coke Classic trick.
Yep. It all depends on your particular taste buds. Obviously Starbucks appeals to a lot of people, and not so much to others.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:06 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,382,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Yep. It all depends on your particular taste buds. Obviously Starbucks appeals to a lot of people, and not so much to others.
Their regular drip coffee is indeed burnt and just tastes nasty.
Which brings up the question as to why people drink it?
I think that they are so cought up to the fad of SB that they just think that they are so cool to go have a cup at the drive through and be seen for a second. This also satisfies their shallow ego.
No matter that coffee culture is about sitting down, enjoying a great tasting cup relaxing, and socializing if possible. What they do is just plain old stupid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas