Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 03:22 PM

306 posts, read 433,948 times

Advertisements

Just received another email from the manager and she has decided to handle it today.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:02 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmalik View Post
Ha! This stuff smells nothing like the stuff of my youth. This has a chemically smell and gives you the worst headache and nose burn ever. We still have headaches although not as bad now.
Maybe it wasn't just weed they were smoking? I'm told that meth has a distinctive odor, like cat pee mixed with chemicals.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:56 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
Quote:
I'm told that meth has a distinctive odor, like cat pee mixed with chemicals.
...So THAT's what my cats are up to when I'm gone!

OP When you said the guy is a Porter....did you mean WHERE you live or in general? Is the manager his boss?

Old 10-26-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
...So THAT's what my cats are up to when I'm gone!

OP When you said the guy is a Porter....did you mean WHERE you live or in general? Is the manager his boss?
He's the porter for the complex I live in. Yes, the manager is his boss.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:37 PM

822 posts, read 2,202,911 times
If I were in that situation I would address him personally and inform him that it's bothering you not due to anything legal but simply due to health / respiratory issues. if you can pinpoint any certain vents it is coming out of you can always cover those vents off w/ cardboard to stop the airflow. I know it sounds ghetto but we used to do this in another apartment I lived in and it worked as a simple solution to the problem. You could also get around the who (Weed) issue by simply addressing it as a "smoke odor" and not necessarily a "weed smoke odor" and thus this would eliminate any legal or non-legal debates as a disturbing odor is a disturbing odor whether the cause of it is legal or not legal.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:45 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
In THAT case I think it will get handled quickly....A boss/landlord is a powerful motivator.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxtaposition109 View Post
If I were in that situation I would address him personally and inform him that it's bothering you not due to anything legal but simply due to health / respiratory issues. if you can pinpoint any certain vents it is coming out of you can always cover those vents off w/ cardboard to stop the airflow. I know it sounds ghetto but we used to do this in another apartment I lived in and it worked as a simple solution to the problem. You could also get around the who (Weed) issue by simply addressing it as a "smoke odor" and not necessarily a "weed smoke odor" and thus this would eliminate any legal or non-legal debates as a disturbing odor is a disturbing odor whether the cause of it is legal or not legal.
I did address him personally and did not say what he was doing is illegal because he knows that already. I told him he was creating a situation in my home where the occupants' breathing was being compromised. He continued smoking into the night. Covering my vents is futile because the ventilation system is connected and so it would just divert it to another room. Besides, I really shouldn't have to cover my vents in order to breathe in my own home. There is no question as to WHO was smoking what and the what was definitely weed. There was no dispute. He admitted that's what he was doing. I saw him just a little while ago when I was walking the dog and he did ask how my daughter was doing.

Old 10-26-2013, 10:25 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,486,047 times
It does sound like it's something in addition to pot.
Hope things are resolved quickly. Once I waited for a different unit to
Rent & wait for one not inhabited by meth users.
Don't know if they cooked or not but I heard
The chemicals hang around for a long time.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:10 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
I like how everyone is totally respectful because it's marijuana, even to the point of walking on eggshells. If it were cigarettes we are talking about, it would be a completely different.

Just an observation.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:14 AM

7 posts, read 15,521 times
Maybe that's because cigarettes CAUSE CANCER, unlike pot smoke. Everyone should be free to do whatever they want to themselves... but not if it affects other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas