Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 09:56 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,762,680 times

Advertisements

Just went and tried them. Claimed to be offering reasonable deals in 89129. Followed through got a sorry and a referral to Cox.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
They're offering up to 105mps in Henderson.
High Speed Internet Service by XFINITY® Internet from Comcast
That is a version of what I got until I entered my address.

I suspect they have some operation in town but I don't think it is very big.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:01 AM

519 posts, read 602,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
YOu think friend Mario ended up in one of the three houses in LV with the gigabit service?

NOT LIKELY
While I'm sure that you were being facetious with the three house remark, I didn't bother speculating on where Mario might live since he did not provide that information. I was simply tossing a possibility out there. I have seen ONTs installed on a number of newer homes. That said, I will agree that until the gigabit service is more widely spread that Cox will generally be the best internet option.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
While I'm sure that you were being facetious with the three house remark, I didn't bother speculating on where Mario might live since he did not provide that information. I was simply tossing a possibility out there. I have seen ONTs installed on a number of newer homes. That said, I will agree that until the gigabit service is more widely spread that Cox will generally be the best internet option.
Yes the three houses was facetious but not very...

And Mario's likely residence is known as it was the subject of considerable discussion on this list.

New build is a few percent of homes each year. It is not a significant factor. I suspect as well that those with FIOS may very well not have Cox. I will believe we are in a significant expansion of the alternatives to Cox when I see streets and yards being opened to install new connections. I do not believe that is happening in any substantial way at the moment. It would be nice though.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:32 AM

93 posts, read 160,565 times
Yes more or less it's known where i might land

Old 10-28-2013, 11:46 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,842,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
That is a version of what I got until I entered my address.

I suspect they have some operation in town but I don't think it is very big.
I doubt they (Comcast) have anything at all. It seems to be a practice with them to have all the major cities in some states listed on their web site, even though they aren't the cable TV franchisee in most of them. For instance, they list several cities in the Los Angeles area, where I know for a fact that Time Warner Cable holds the cable TV franchise for those cities.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:34 AM

499 posts, read 1,058,120 times
I have had Cox internet for about a year now and they have raised the rates again(2nd time). It has gone from $39.99 to now $62.99 for their Preferred Plan(25 mbps). I previously had Century Link internet but they only offer 10 mbps download in my area. Any ideas who can offer reliable internet of at least 20 mbps for less than Cox?

Old 11-07-2013, 04:23 PM

Well i need lots of speed...

Forget TV , as i do not need cable tv nor dish . As long as i have fast internet.

Netflix , Redbox , Blockbuster for movies

Hulu and Aereo for TV

no need for pay TV

but do need at least 50mbps ... So it seems i am going with Cox

Thanks all

P.S.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:03 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,712,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPhoto View Post
Well i need lots of speed...

Forget TV , as i do not need cable tv nor dish . As long as i have fast internet.

Netflix , Redbox , Blockbuster for movies

Hulu and Aereo for TV

no need for pay TV

but do need at least 50mbps ... So it seems i am going with Cox

Thanks all

P.S.
Unless you need the data usage plan of the 50mbps plan you might do fine on the 25/5 plan from Cox. I don't have cable anymore and get by using the 25/5 plan to stream Netflix, Amazon, Hulu via Roku boxes and don't suffer from any lag or streaming issues. I use maybe a third of the data due to streaming watching about four hours of tv a day.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:01 AM

I need more than 5 up due to large files sent to servers ( Raw Photos for backups ) . I need a least 10mps up.

i have 2 Rokus ( or is it Rokues hahaha ) one on the main TV and one in the bedroom.

We watch different things the wife and i " Nashville vs Supernatural " " Dancing with the Stars vs WWE RAW "

so we stream a lot at the same time .

Plus i use AEREO for regular TV . I have an "Antenna " in NYC . So i will get to watch all the primetime TV Shows at late afternoon leaving primetime for movie time

I am going to love west coast time , Early NFL games , Early TV shows , jajjajajaja
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas