Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 02:40 PM

244 posts, read 439,935 times

Advertisements

Im from Italy and can tall you that all pizzas here in Vegas are terrible.Much better pizzas I had in LA or Phoenix. Some of them were very close to Italian pizzas.
Here in Vegas they are just made for americans and their taste, and sad thing is that even Italians who are owners of Las Vegas "Pizzeria" -s knows that but their response is : "Hey I make pizza here for americans and not Italians".
Pizza is not about how it looks, but about taste.
Pizza should be made by Italian chief or pizzaiolo and not by Mexicans or Chinese.(with all respect to them)
I heard about "Settebello" but never been there. All I know Don Marcos pizza is awfull to me and other Italians I know.
But hey, today is all about money, if it sells why change it.....

Old 11-11-2013, 03:06 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,137,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioni888 View Post
Im from Italy and can tall you that all pizzas here in Vegas are terrible.Much better pizzas I had in LA or Phoenix. Some of them were very close to Italian pizzas.
Here in Vegas they are just made for americans and their taste, and sad thing is that even Italians who are owners of Las Vegas "Pizzeria" -s knows that but their response is : "Hey I make pizza here for americans and not Italians".
Pizza should be made by Italian chief or pizzaiolo and not by Mexicans or Chinese.(with all respect to them)
I heard about "Settebello" but never been there. All I know Don Marcos pizza is awfull to me and other Italians I know.
yeah it sucks. and you've yet to try it.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:25 PM

402 posts, read 745,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioni888 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.2 View Post
yeah it sucks. and you've yet to try it.
The dickens I say!

Old 11-11-2013, 05:05 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,137,018 times
maybe give settebello a try before you group them with everyone else.
Quote:
Where Some of Our Products Come From

We strive to make the most authentic pizza Napoletana possible. First rate ingredients are essential in creating an authentic pizza Napoletana. Whenever possible the actual ingredients used in pizzerias in Napoli are imported. When importing is not a possibility we search for the highest quality American products to complete our pizzas. Below is just a sampling of where some of our products come from.
Quote:
Vera Pizza Napoletana

The Vera Pizza Napoletana (VPN) was established by Antonio Pace in Napoli, Italy in 1984. Signore Pace led a group of pizza makers whose sole purpose was to protect the integrity and defend the origin of the pizza making tradition as it began in Napoli over 200 years ago.
The VPN charter requires that members use only specific raw ingredients to create the pizza dough, that the dough be worked with the hands, never using a rolling pin and that it be cooked directly on the surface of a bell shaped pizza oven that is fueled solely by wood. The charter also requires specific types of tomatoes be used and only the use of fresh milk or buffalo milk mozzarella is acceptable.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:15 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Pizza is not a food. It's a food group. Greasy NY style with the thin flexible crust? Yum.(Metro) Chicago / Detroit deep dish?(Northside Nathan's) Yum.
Lino's hand tossed, Yum. Wood fired, true Italian style( Grimaldi's), Yum. Margherita pizza? Yum. Cracker thin crispy crust pizza? Yum.

If you only like one type of pizza, you are seriously missing out.

I've heard great things about Settebello, and there is a new place that one of the regulars here linked to. It's called Pizza Rock. Downtown, and based on the pictures, yum! We are going tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it was.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:25 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
I disagree. Let the Italians decide what is and isn't pizza. It's theirs, after all. The average Italian has a brick oven in the back yard, just like we have barbecues -- for making brick oven pizza. The other variations are pizza-like foods -- but they bear as much resemblance to pizza as American Chinese take-out food does to Chinese food. These dishes taste great, but they're imposters.

I find it odd listening to a New Yorker and a Chicagoan arguing over whose pizza is more "authentic."

Old 11-12-2013, 04:56 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,907,759 times
Default Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Being from Brooklyn New York, I think I am a authority on NY style pizza,
And best Pizza bang for your buck is Metro.

Jonathan
Me too. Metro gets my vote

Old 11-12-2013, 07:17 AM

555 posts, read 774,744 times
Can I vote for Costco pizza? I actually like their pizza

Old 11-12-2013, 09:06 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,946,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FML157 View Post
Can I vote for Costco pizza? I actually like their pizza
No. No you can't vote for Costco pizza. Take it back.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:51 PM

244 posts, read 439,935 times
I will go to settebello tomorrow and will let u know about their "napoletana"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas