Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 08:22 AM

13,813 posts, read 28,536,967 times

Advertisements

Waht seems contrary to what my posts might suggest...I do agree with Julia on this. Olecapt is an asset to this forum, is very knowledgeable, and is a generally a good sport.

Now enough of this touchy-feely stuff!

Old 12-04-2007, 08:23 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Waht seems contrary to what my posts might suggest...I do agree with Julia on this. Olecapt is an asset to this forum, is very knowledgeable, and is a generally a good sport.

Now enough of this touchy-feely stuff!
And it will do no good. I will still kick you in the butt when you are wrong...as you so often are...

Old 12-04-2007, 10:33 AM

13,813 posts, read 28,536,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
And it will do no good. I will still kick you in the butt when you are wrong...as you so often are...
I wouldn't expect it any other way!

Old 12-05-2007, 06:39 AM

159 posts, read 479,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
My guess would be Venus.
Good one!

Old 06-17-2011, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 3,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Start at the old areas. From Lake Mead and Rampart proceed west and south. Drive through a couple of tracts. Then try up the hill. Say start at Anasazi and Banbury Cross..one block to south of Summerlin Parkway...Head up to Laurel Glen...try a few.

You now have some view of the more mature parts.

Head south to Charleston. Cut out past the 215. Take a right at one of the big entrances and prowl around. Now you have seen one of the newer sections.

Head on down Town Center further south. Check out the new places.

Pick the section you like best and explore it more fully.

Other than that..acquire a dart board. Go past the Summerlin office and get a map. Affix map to dartboard and step back 10 feet. Throw dart. You now have your starting point.

And if it does not appeal run back to GV.

Is this still good advice now four years later? To be sure, if one were looking for exclusive public schools (oxymoron?)—meaning "privileged" or "elite"—specifically elementary schools, in an area that was considered safe, clean, and free of virtually any riffraff (relatively speaking), would this be a good game plan?

To be more specific, I plan to begin the trek from the JW Marriott "Resort" (221 N Rampart Blvd - 89145). Being on the "younger" side, and considering that I want to be within a few mile of a Gold's Gym, I'm told Summerlin is the way to go. However, I hear that Green Valley might be worth looking at as well (Vandenburg/Twitchell).

Any constructive advice would be greatly appreciated. (And if I should have began a new thread, I apologize, this seemed like an appropriate discussion to extend upon)

Old 06-18-2011, 12:09 PM

278 posts, read 792,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD2LV View Post
Is this still good advice now four years later? To be sure, if one were looking for exclusive public schools (oxymoron?)—meaning "privileged" or "elite"—specifically elementary schools, in an area that was considered safe, clean, and free of virtually any riffraff (relatively speaking), would this be a good game plan?

To be more specific, I plan to begin the trek from the JW Marriott "Resort" (221 N Rampart Blvd - 89145). Being on the "younger" side, and considering that I want to be within a few mile of a Gold's Gym, I'm told Summerlin is the way to go. However, I hear that Green Valley might be worth looking at as well (Vandenburg/Twitchell).

Any constructive advice would be greatly appreciated. (And if I should have began a new thread, I apologize, this seemed like an appropriate discussion to extend upon)
yes, olecapt's advice is still spot on.

the only gold's gym near summerlin is on lake mead west of the 95. so did you mean a a gym in general, or specifically a gold's gym?

not sure about the elementary schools, since i don't have kids.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:41 AM

401 posts, read 566,801 times
I'm in 89144 near Palo Verde High School and absolutely love it. We wanted to live in the newer Vista's - but actually like the established lawns / neighborhoods of the homes built in early 2000's. Neighbors here are nice and quiet, lawns all taken care of.....only drawback is the homes are starting to show their age a bit and all nearing the point of needing paint.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:57 PM

52 posts, read 90,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esas View Post
I'm in 89144 near Palo Verde High School and absolutely love it.
+1. I also like the 89135 zip code area (have friends there)

Old 04-09-2014, 08:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,228 times
Summerlins borders are lake mead, rampart, and flamingo. The best naighborhood that i would say you would like, if your not looking for a high-end guard gated community, it would be The Vistas. With its huge houses, and gated communities, it makes summerlin look like a masterpiece. There is a elementary school called Givens right down the street in the same neighborhood, and a little bit down, their is a middle school and high school right next to each other. Palo Verde High School, and Rogich Middle School. Each of those schools is in the top 2000in the nation and the highest ranking public schools in all of las vegas. The Vistas is a masterplanned commnity in accordance to Summerlin.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:27 PM

1,825 posts, read 5,319,313 times
@jman this is a six year old thread that hadn't had a post in three. I don't think there are any unanswered questions here, unless you are asking one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas