Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 02:22 AM

5 posts, read 19,699 times

Advertisements

I used to live in Southern Highlands 12 years ago had to move because I lost my job. When I recently found a new job in Henderson I figured Southern Highlands would be a good place to live because I remember it being a nice area. I rented a house sight unseen and while the house is decent the surrounding community is nothing like I remember it. It seems like everything besides the gated golf area is a rental slum. The common areas are constantly filthy and there is a lot of graffiti on light poles, electric boxes, etc. there also seems to be a large homeless problem. The street I live on it seems most houses have multiple families living in them. I am reguarly panhandled in the Smith’s parking lot and last night in the store even! Did the housing crash hit this area hard and everything get bought up by investors? Two weeks ago someone shattered my car window in broad daylight. When I called METRO they never even showed up! As soon as my lease is up I’m moving.

Old 01-06-2019, 03:40 AM

927 posts, read 875,191 times
Yes. The California rejects moved here. Half a million of them.

And they brought with them all the personality traits that made California employers say "no thanks".

All these new residents just made Nevada a solid blue state with a Democratic super majority.

Welcome back!

Old 01-06-2019, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post

And they brought with them all the personality traits that made California employers say "no thanks".

All these new residents just made Nevada a solid blue state with a Democratic super majority.

Welcome back!
Thanks for the quick response. I have already started looking at other rentals. I work for the city of Henderson in downtown Henderson, but I love Red Rock Canyon and hang out a lot in Summerlin. I looked in Summerlin, but it's WAY out of my budget and would be a monster commute. I would like to stay between downtown Henderson and Summerlin. I looked at rentals in Anthem, but they were pretty trashed. I have fond some houses in Silverado Ranch that seem decent, but the area seems super spotty where one street looks good and the next is filled with beater cars and weeds for yards. I have also seen a lot of shady people in the Target shopping center on Eastern. I hope the behavior of the people who frequent the Silverado Ranch shopping center don't represent the neighborhood. What is your impression of the area?

Old 01-06-2019, 07:47 AM

1,374 posts, read 2,421,817 times
I don't know how you defined "decent", but my neighborhood in Henderson seems safe and decent to me.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:34 AM

2,413 posts, read 2,007,888 times
I have lived in SH for years and never noticed any of the things you mentioned.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:36 AM

555 posts, read 769,741 times
Lots of transients in Southern Highlands who are not vested in the community. Same thing with parts of Anthem. I would look in Green Valley.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:55 AM

8,096 posts, read 8,222,848 times
I’ve happily lived in Anthem for almost 2 years. It is noted as one of the most crimeless areas in all of the LV Valley. Pull up the crime stats and check it out. this looks like a troll post.
A while back there was another “one and done” poster who attacked a community in Anthem with a complete lie also claiming he was planning on moving to Summerlin; are you that same person with a personal agenda to defame Henderson and promote Summerlin?

I regularly shop all up and down Eastern south of 215 and have never encountered “sketchy” people in Target. However, do notice some panhandlers in the 99 cents/Goodwill shopping center.

Old 01-06-2019, 02:39 PM

124 posts, read 103,903 times
Besides the crime which seems to be in doubt, how about the rest of his post?

Does SH have many multi-family rental homes? Graffiti? Homeless??

Common areas in disrepair would indicate HOA problems; is SH becoming another RR?

I'm sincerely curious.

-von

Old 01-06-2019, 02:51 PM

Thank you everyone for your responses. BTW WorldKlas Southern Highlands is in unincorporated Clark County not Henderson. Maybe it's just the time of day I go to the Target on Eastern, but there are always people asking for money or stolen carts from the dollar store full of homeless peoples stuff in front of the store. I looked at a rental today in Green Valley off Windmill. Is this a decent area?

Old 01-06-2019, 03:35 PM

469 posts, read 489,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post

Welcome back!
This guy speaks the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas