Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 04:56 PM

13 posts, read 52,213 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone.

I am moving out of Las Vegas in two weeks and a few days ago was pulled over for having expired tags on my car. Unfortunately, I took the chance that I could drive with expired tags for a few weeks before moving, but my $400 ticket seems to say otherwise. Right after getting the ticket I decided to register the car to avoid any additional surprises.

The cop gave me a court date in January when I will obviously be out of the state. I wanted to find out if it is worth sending someone to court on my behalf to see if the fine can be reduced since the car is now registered, or if I should just pay it and consider it a "gift" to Nevada. Would one of the ticket companies be useful or are they a waste of money?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2007, 05:43 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,252,821 times
Pay the ticket

Old 11-25-2007, 05:47 PM

697 posts, read 3,278,672 times
They can be useful, but not in this case. The fact remains, the car was outside of the law when you recieved the citation and therefore, the ticket is valid. Even though you have since registered the vehicle, the judge will see it as the ticket doing what it is supposed to do (punish you for breaking the law and make you abide by the law). Unfortunatly, registering the car right after getting the ticket is not going to help. I would write this one off as a lesson learned and move on. There is a chance that the judge will lower the fine, but it will not be by less than whaat you will pay the company to go to court for you. If you had gotten a speeding ticket, for example, then yes, use them. They will kep points off of your record and will keep your insurance from going up. I reget to say, that in my opinion, they will not help in this case.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:01 PM

1 posts, read 19,680 times
I just had Adam S. Kutner's office take car of a ticket for me. There services are free and they will represent you in court.

It wouldn't hurt just give them a call

FYI, a year ago I got a ticket for no Nevada Registration and no Nevada insurance. When I appeared in court and showcased my recently acquired insurance and proper registration, the judge dismissed my ticket

Outcome
3 hours of my time spent
$400 in savings

its up to you

Old 11-25-2007, 06:50 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,105,648 times
That's like rollin a 6 when youre monies on the hard 8.....pay the man.....you gambled and lost.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:02 PM

560 posts, read 2,187,696 times
I would just pay the ticket. If you try and fight it and lose then you not only have the fine but court costs added to that.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:09 PM

151 posts, read 227,352 times
I got a ticket for not carrying an updated insurance card. I went to court with the new card that showed I was indeed covered at the time of the ticket and the entire fine was waived. It saved me about $150.00 bucks.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:12 PM

44 posts, read 187,180 times
Default Don't pay this extortion

There won't be any warrant out of state for this; $400 is unbelievable. Don't pay this garbage--you'll be fine. Nevada just gets more and more corrupt.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:45 PM

359 posts, read 1,407,511 times
^ what are you talking about ? its law. you take the chance of driving with expired tags, get caught, you cant complain. the best way to go is just pay the ticket. no use trying to argue over something you clearly did wrong.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:42 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,105,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Culture View Post
There won't be any warrant out of state for this; $400 is unbelievable. Don't pay this garbage--you'll be fine. Nevada just gets more and more corrupt.
How do you figure corrupt....just because you have to pay for your plates? sounds like you need to stick out your thumb and hitch hike outta town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: