Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2013, 03:52 PM

128 posts, read 264,884 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. Thank you for stopping in. I am a 30 yearold male living in Las Vegas, Nevada, originally from Southern California. For the longest time, even before finishing high school I have always been interested in Real Estate Investment. I remember while in high school, afterschool or on weekends and holidays, I would to go out and help one of my uncle who had a side business of minor remodeling/fixing up of home to get them ready for rental. I had a great time doing this kind of work and don’t mind getting my hands dirty. But at the same time I am really interested in the investment aspect of the whole thing.

My real goal in life is to be able to own a few small multifamily buildings and build my rental income. I currently own one (1) single family home which I do rent out. Theirs is so much that I want to learn and do in Real Estate.

The goal I am aiming for here today with the post is to get some kind of advice. Ultimately I am looking for those people or that one person who will take me under their wing. I want to find a mentor that will show me the correct way and help me make money. I have looked online and seethat there are Real Estate Mentors out there that will mentor you, BUT at a price. (What kind of mentoring is that?)

Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t expect someone to just offerup their time and knowledge for nothing. I currently work full time as a leasing consultant for a 200 unit apartment complex. If I can find that rightperson, I am willing to work for experience. I can post ads, look for listings,whatever needs to be done. I just want that real, honest person who want tohelp someone get started in the real estate business.

Thank you all in advance for the help.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 06:09 PM

Location: Mexico and I hate it. I'm trying to move back to the US
186 posts, read 282,906 times
Hi there,

I can't help you with mentoring, but I am thinking of moving to Vegas & need a place to live, so I'm researching now.

If you hear of anything that isn't a scam (I see those scam posts on CL saying $299 & MOVE IN TODAY) LOL

Thanks

Michelle

Old 12-12-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensualspirit View Post
Hi there,

I can't help you with mentoring, but I am thinking of moving to Vegas & need a place to live, so I'm researching now.

If you hear of anything that isn't a scam (I see those scam posts on CL saying $299 & MOVE IN TODAY) LOL

Thanks

Michelle
Hello Michelle,

I work a really nice community, right now we are offering 1 month of free rent on all our vacant units for new residents. Private message me if you're interested in more details.

Old 12-12-2013, 07:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,147 times
Hello am new here and in dire need of help, I am renting a basement apartment for the past almost two months I have been faced with upstairs neighbors who have continously drag , drop. Knocked etc things , it is delibrate, I complained for the first time it has escalated we are talking about wenever my tv goes of which of course indicates bed time from that time till morning and of course you hear them taking turns to stay up and victimize me its unbelievable I hv not slept( cat naps) in almost two months and I hv complained 3 times to the lanlord it has gotten worst . I need help

Old 12-12-2013, 08:23 PM

Location: Mexico and I hate it. I'm trying to move back to the US
186 posts, read 282,906 times
Hi there,

I PMed you.

Tektek, isn't there a government agency that can help you with this? This is just one reason I'd never rent a bsmt. apt., but I imagine it is what you could afford.

Michelle

Old 12-13-2013, 08:57 AM

Trktek, if I was in your situation, the first step that I would start taking would be to start sending all complaints/correspondence to the landlord via certified mail. In case you ever have to go to court for any reason you have that proof and paper trail of multiple complaints being sent to the landlord.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:03 AM

I've been looking into and would love to get some more information on "Subject to" deals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas