Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 07:19 PM

41 posts, read 63,535 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone!

I'm planning to move to Vegas soon and thought it might be fun to live in a high rise. After a good amount of research, I settled on Turnberry Towers. It looks great overall and is in a nice location near all the activity. However, I'm getting a distinct feeling that this is a borderline retirement community? (Probably since all the residents interviewed in their videos are senior citizens). I love older people but I was hoping to live near people closer to my own age (I'm 22).

Can anyone give me any information on the quality of the other high rises in the area and what the age demographics are? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 07:32 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,828,955 times
The good strip places such as Turnberry and Veer and Such are mostly vacant. The occupancy on a general week days is probably under 30%. They get to close to 100% on a happening weekend.

Sky is somewhat younger but has a rep of appealing to an interesting clientele.

For buildings actually lived in by the younger set Panorama I and II. Or the south strip places...Manhattan or Boca Raton or some such.

Meridien might work. Older but some very nice units. Younger but of the colorful sort.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:47 PM

Thanks lvoc. Was my guess of Turnberry being mostly senior citizens correct?

I like how you use the words "interesting" and "colorful". Since it is Vegas, I'll use my imagination

Old 12-07-2013, 08:06 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,828,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanValjean View Post
Thanks lvoc. Was my guess of Turnberry being mostly senior citizens correct?

I like how you use the words "interesting" and "colorful". Since it is Vegas, I'll use my imagination
I am an RE Agent among other things. There are considerations on word choice.

All monied places are mostly older. Nature of the beast.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:17 PM

oh cool. I don't expect to find a high rise filled with 20-something year olds but I though the age distribution would be a little wider. I guess it makes sense since people with families probably dont want to live on the strip and most young people arent willing to dish out that kind of money. Hmm... I guess I could live there and find other places to meet people my age. I really like the view and location but i might have to reconsider living in a high rise on the strip

Old 12-07-2013, 08:55 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,148,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanValjean View Post
oh cool. I don't expect to find a high rise filled with 20-something year olds but I though the age distribution would be a little wider. I guess it makes sense since people with families probably dont want to live on the strip and most young people arent willing to dish out that kind of money. Hmm... I guess I could live there and find other places to meet people my age. I really like the view and location but i might have to reconsider living in a high rise on the strip
You might soon tire of living on/near the strip anyway. The traffic really gets to be a drag.

There are a lot of young people moving downtown these days because of the arts district and Zappos' relocation. I'm not sure about the availability of highrise properties down there, but you'll find lots of people your age. Best of luck, and welcome.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:24 PM

52 posts, read 77,587 times
You could check out the "One" apartment complex south side.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:16 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,815,989 times
panorama towers if you want to be a stone's throw from the strip

or manhattan (midrise condos) if you want to be a short drive away

both have plenty of young people and are not deserted

Old 12-07-2013, 10:35 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,816,500 times
I own a high-rise condo on The Strip. PM me if you want to discuss the pros and cons.

Bill

Old 12-08-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijoro View Post
You could check out the "One" apartment complex south side.
Thanks, I'll check this one out. It seems about the same distance from city center as Turnberry and is much cheaper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: