U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 12:48 AM

181 posts, read 258,731 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I'm looking for healthy restaurants in Vegas.

Not just vegetarian, but that too. And I mean real vegetarian, I don't mean Chinese or Indian as they are simply Chinese or Indian with vegetarian dishes. That's not the same thing.

Restaurants that serve gluten free meals, or they don't use sugar & tons of salt in their seasoning unless it's salt like Himalayan, they don't use chemical additives, maybe they use organic or in season produce, etc.

Can someone tell me about their favorites.

Thanks

Michelle
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 02:51 AM

12,686 posts, read 34,944,230 times
I can see by your two posts that you aren't going to like it here very much. I don't know where you're from, but if we were doing a guessing game, my guess would be Seattle.

Anyway, the only health food restaurant that I have seen in recent years is at Rainbow's End which is a vitamin store on Sahara Ave just west of Maryland Parkway. I can't swear it is strictly vegetarian though, that place has been there for 40 years, and has probably changed hands that many times too. The last one of those that I remember was in the 70's in Commercial Center, but it's been gone a looooong time. Other than that you might find food you can eat at Whole Food Markets. They have cooked food that you buy by the pound, and you can eat it there indoors or out..

Old 01-18-2014, 08:57 AM

9,457 posts, read 11,559,345 times
Be careful, you are likely to be scolded for your choice of diet. Badly.

(I did a similar thread here myself and was called a hypocrite and told that unless a person grows their own food they can't truly be a vegetarian)

There are some good suggestions in this thread, just ignore the foodie's snark

//www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...ting-wynn.html

This one is a bit nicer

//www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...las-vegas.html

Old 01-18-2014, 01:10 PM

13,595 posts, read 12,339,698 times
Market Grille on W. Lake Mead has nice vegetarian and gluten free choices on their menu, but it's not strictly a vegetarian place. It's Mediterranean / Greek food which is usually a good choice when looking for veggie dishes that have good flavor.

Hedary's on W. Sahara (Lebanese food) offers a great hummus, a really nice baba-ganoush, and a good selection of other vegetarian dishes. I'm pretty sure they make everything fresh on-site.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:10 PM

2,448 posts, read 3,018,086 times
Go Raw cafe

Old 01-18-2014, 01:32 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,326,154 times
Wahoo's Fish Tacos...

Old 01-18-2014, 04:11 PM

1,345 posts, read 2,300,573 times
There are several Whole Food in the valley. They have some pre-cooked vegetarian selection.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:10 PM

553 posts, read 1,163,410 times
As mentioned already, Rainbow's End and Go Raw are two options. Number 1 on my list for healthy options is Pura Vida. Unfortunately, it is temporarily closed while Chef Myra is moving to a new location. Ask Marche Bacchus in advance, and they will prepare very good vegan options. They also have gluten free options if you need/want that. Pannevino is another option for healthy dining more on the fine dining end of the spectrum. On the other end, Bronze Cafe downtown offers tasty vegan meals. Bar + Bistro is another downtown (Arts District) eatery with vegan options on the menu. I have not been there, but I seem to recall that Honey Salt in Summerlin is a place that tries to use local produce and healthy options but not necessarily vegan or vegetarian.

On the Strip, plenty of places have healthy options. Every Wynn restaurant has vegan options. I particularly like Bartolotta and LaCave. DelToro at the Palazzo has a vegan menu. I have found healthy dining options also at Jaleo in the Cosmo, Borders Grille in Mandalay Bay, L'Atelier in MGM, and Twist in Mandarin Oriental. There are a lot more, but these are a fwe that I think of off the top of my head.

Healthy dining in LV is definitely possible. It takes a little more scouting effort, but plenty of places now offer healthy options.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:49 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,699,495 times
Anyone like Rachels Kitchen? It's healthy.

You can make decent food choices anywhere though. Rather than limit yourself to a few.

Lot's of places are adding gluten free and healthy choice items to the menu.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:31 AM

2,421 posts, read 2,348,948 times
I like Daily Kitchen:

Daily Kitchen & Wellness Bar - Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas