Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2014, 08:24 PM

6 posts, read 5,540 times

Advertisements

Hey all! This is my first post after months of reading you guys go at it

My wife is going to UNLV in the Fall and we're looking to move down during May/June.

Does anybody have an idea what the job market is like for Personal Bankers and/or Consumer Loan officers? I work for a community bank but we're spread throughout the West Coast but unfortunately not Vegas... :/

We've pretty much settled on an area of Summerlin, although that could change, but the time of the move is dependent on me getting a job before we arrive.

I know this isn't too much to go on, but any advice/insight would be greatly appreciated!

Dave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 08:57 PM

33 posts, read 42,780 times
Fellow Washingtonian, I just moved here from Kirkland and lived about 8 miles away from UNLV near the Spanish Trail area. It is a 15 ~ 20 mins drive for me, pretty much a straight shot on Tropicana, to get to my morning classes. It will be a much longer drive from Summerlin to UNLV for sure. Good luck with your job and house hunting.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwokie View Post
Fellow Washingtonian, I just moved here from Kirkland and lived about 8 miles away from UNLV near the Spanish Trail area. It is a 15 ~ 20 mins drive for me, pretty much a straight shot on Tropicana, to get to my morning classes. It will be a much longer drive from Summerlin to UNLV for sure. Good luck with your job and house hunting.
Hey Tiger -

My wife is from Longview, WA and we're currently in Pullman - (WSU). I've not read much about the Spanish Trail area but will have to take a look at it.... We have a few friends in Summerlin and my wife has been around the neighborhoods there, main reason for the attraction.

Do you go to UNLV or?

Thanks!

Old 02-04-2014, 09:33 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,989,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshdave86 View Post
Hey all! This is my first post after months of reading you guys go at it

My wife is going to UNLV in the Fall and we're looking to move down during May/June.

Does anybody have an idea what the job market is like for Personal Bankers and/or Consumer Loan officers? I work for a community bank but we're spread throughout the West Coast but unfortunately not Vegas... :/

We've pretty much settled on an area of Summerlin, although that could change, but the time of the move is dependent on me getting a job before we arrive.

I know this isn't too much to go on, but any advice/insight would be greatly appreciated!

Dave
i have a friend that worked at Chase as a consumer banker (teller).. nine bucks an hour

Old 02-04-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
i have a friend that worked at Chase as a consumer banker (teller).. nine bucks an hour
I'm tempted to say I'd take what I can get, but quite frankly going from a Personal Banker/Loan office to a teller position is not something I'm going to mull over..... Appreciated the response tho

Old 02-04-2014, 09:49 PM

555 posts, read 775,000 times
about a dozen community banks/ credit unions down here; should be able to get your foot in somewhere. Check their sites for jobs; pretty sure one of them has to have something you qualify for.
  1. BANK OF GEORGE
  2. BANK OF NEVADA
  3. FIRST SECURITY BANK OF NEVADA
  4. KIRKWOOD BANK OF NEVADA
  5. MEADOWS BANK
  6. VALLEY BANK OF NEVADA
  7. NEVADA STATE BANK
  8. BANK OF LAS VEGAS
  9. TOWN & COUNTRY BANK
  10. CLARK COUNTY CREDIT UNION
  11. IBEW PLUS CREDIT UNION
  12. ONE NEVADA CREDIT UNION
  13. SILVER STATE SCHOOLS CREDIT UNION
  14. BOULDER DAM CREDIT UNION
  15. USAA SAVINGS BANK
  16. WESTSTAR CREDIT UNION
  17. TOYOTA FINANCIAL SAVINGS BANK
  18. America First Credit Union (based in Utah but might get a loan officer gig there)

Last edited by FML157; 02-04-2014 at 10:08 PM..

Old 02-05-2014, 01:52 AM

295 posts, read 362,562 times
How about Green Valley Ranch and Seven hills area, should be closer to UNLV and can be done on surface streets.

I lived in Green Valley and my wife attended UNLV, it was very convenient. Check Zip Codes, 89052 and 89074.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragabnh View Post
How about Green Valley Ranch and Seven hills area, should be closer to UNLV and can be done on surface streets.

I lived in Green Valley and my wife attended UNLV, it was very convenient. Check Zip Codes, 89052 and 89074.
Thanks!!

Old 02-05-2014, 01:31 PM

15,840 posts, read 14,469,933 times
Most of the majors are in Vegas also. I know Chase has made a big move into personal banking. You might want to try them. Also, if you can shift to one of the national majors where you are, you may be able to transfer internally, if they have operations in Vegas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FML157 View Post
about a dozen community banks/ credit unions down here; should be able to get your foot in somewhere. Check their sites for jobs; pretty sure one of them has to have something you qualify for.
  1. BANK OF GEORGE
  2. BANK OF NEVADA
  3. FIRST SECURITY BANK OF NEVADA
  4. KIRKWOOD BANK OF NEVADA
  5. MEADOWS BANK
  6. VALLEY BANK OF NEVADA
  7. NEVADA STATE BANK
  8. BANK OF LAS VEGAS
  9. TOWN & COUNTRY BANK
  10. CLARK COUNTY CREDIT UNION
  11. IBEW PLUS CREDIT UNION
  12. ONE NEVADA CREDIT UNION
  13. SILVER STATE SCHOOLS CREDIT UNION
  14. BOULDER DAM CREDIT UNION
  15. USAA SAVINGS BANK
  16. WESTSTAR CREDIT UNION
  17. TOYOTA FINANCIAL SAVINGS BANK
  18. America First Credit Union (based in Utah but might get a loan officer gig there)

Old 02-05-2014, 02:05 PM

33 posts, read 42,780 times
If you put in Tropicana Ave and Buffalo Drive in google map, the stretch of green shaded area is Spanish Trail. This should give you some perspective for the driving distance to UNLV. Mind you, Summerlin is a very desirable area and comparable to Mercer Island. In fact, we looked there first for new homes but they only have mega houses at the time and we wanted to down size. If you have children, it is worth it because of the better schools (from what I heard). The other areas mentioned in this thread are all good areas and worth a look.

I am taking continuing education classes at UNLV. If you PM me, we can talk more offline without clogging up the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshdave86 View Post
Hey Tiger -

My wife is from Longview, WA and we're currently in Pullman - (WSU). I've not read much about the Spanish Trail area but will have to take a look at it.... We have a few friends in Summerlin and my wife has been around the neighborhoods there, main reason for the attraction.

Do you go to UNLV or?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas