Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 08:57 PM

236 posts, read 626,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
Trader Joes sells frozen poutine. While I am not a fan of it. I have never seen it on a menu in LV.
Frozen poutine...yikes. Guess it's better than nothing though.

Thanks for the tip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 09:02 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,713,408 times
Trader Joe's Fry the potatoes in hot oil and how bad could the rest be ?

Old 02-21-2014, 06:32 AM

10,865 posts, read 16,961,414 times
Considering how many Canadian snowbirds/transplants live here, I'm surprised nobody has opened a poutine joint in this town.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:00 AM

236 posts, read 626,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Considering how many Canadian snowbirds/transplants live here, I'm surprised nobody has opened a poutine joint in this town.
Hmmmm.

I think you may be on to something.

I'm on it... and I think a good place would be at the Plaza, next to the new home of the Wranglers!

If successful, you will of course receive a finders fee

Old 02-22-2014, 12:07 AM

6,377 posts, read 11,845,195 times
Poutine is an offering at restaurants, not a cause for a restaurant. There are so many varieties of it in Montreal and none is really a signature version. Its just something you find on a lot of menus, from fast food joints all the way up to fine dining places where they do things like foie gras poutine. Seriously though the cheese curds are the hard part. Anyone can make thick fries and the gravy is usually nothing special. Closest thing I think you'll find in Vegas is carne asada fries, but still you never find cheese curds on it.

Be honest though, for most people never would admit to liking such a creation. Its ok to be a burger snob and wax poetic about your favorite toppings and beef, but how many admit to having the same admiration for fries without the burger. Sure lots of people like fries, but if you tell the average American I love them with lots of gravy and cheese they will just think you are a week away from a heart attack and tell you to have something healthier.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:47 AM

I see cheese curds at Trader Joe's occasionally. And anyone needing quantity can certainly find it wholesale. We can lay our hands on A6 Kobe beef, foie gras and beluga caviar with ease in Las Vegas. Half-finished cheese shouldn't be much of a problem.

Do 10 varieties of poutine. Name it "Poutine, Eh?" and make sure it's open late for the after-dinner/after-drinking crowd and I'm sure a poutine joint will do fine. As for poutine being too unhealthy for Las Vegas -- tell that to the owner of the Heart Attack Grill. Maybe HE can add poutine to his menu, as well.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:54 AM

15 posts, read 31,676 times
Naked City Pizza on Arville. We went there last time we visited Las Vegas. Husband is originally from Montreal. Loved it. Hope this helps

Old 02-23-2014, 08:14 AM

8 posts, read 50,680 times
No answers!! Yeah, I'd like to know good place in Vegas that sells this in restaurant or bar. Just had some again on trip to Toronto. Forget name of place, but was walking around and saw sign. ALL they sell is this! Funny picture/cartoon of the dude...I need to take a pic of the sticker I got from them. They had dozens of variations. Yummy!

Old 02-23-2014, 10:01 AM

No answers because I don't think there are any answers in Las Vegas. I think it would be a slam-dunk business in Las Vegas.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:35 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,713,408 times
The good poster APhiJill answered the question. And according the Naked City Pizza website. Poutine is on the menu

French Fries
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: