Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2007, 02:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,955 times

Advertisements

I am moving maybe to Silver Springs near Univ of Las Vegas. Is this area very noisy from the airport? It's over 55 which I am. Any info will help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 03:54 AM

2 posts, read 8,199 times
Yes Silver Springs is quiet, but if you have the chance to move i wouldn't advise moving here there are way to many drug addictects and it is not a good place to live there is nothing to do out here and when kids get board they don't usally make the best of choices. And there are alot of bad people out here that will rob you blind if they get the chance.....My advice is to move to carson city, they have more to do, better police protection, and better all around living enverment. Take it from some one who has lived here for 9 years going on 10 if i had the chance to get out i would and it seems like once you move here it is hard to get out.......Hope this helps -J. Dawson

Old 10-10-2008, 05:58 AM

932 posts, read 2,336,265 times
Default Carson City?

More to do in Carson City than in Las Vegas? Have you even been to Carson City? I don't think you'd be making that claim if you had.

And what is an "enverment?" Or "addictects?" It appears your disenchantment with your city has affected your ability to spell.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:53 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,193,270 times
rjames, it's not that close to McCarran from that location. However you will hear a lot of airplane and helicopter noise. If the apts are well insulated, you may not hear them too much with the doors and windows closed.
Don't listen to Dawson-the-terrible-speller. Just another disillusioned soul "stuck" in LV. They obviously moved to a bad part of town and believe that's the way it is all over, it is not.
And there is much less to do in Carson City than Las Vegas by tons. Good luck.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:13 PM

1 posts, read 4,213 times
Silver Springs is not near Las Vegas. Silver Springs is near Reno.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,558 times
There is very little crime in Silver Springs. The real crime is in the big city like LV, RENO, Chicago, NY, etc.!! Silver Springs is like anywhere else, it is what you make of it. It is 1 hour from Lake Tahoe, and 1 hour from Reno. There is a ton of outdoor activities to do in the area. I have lived there since 2006 and never had anything bad happen. The area is for those who want the country life, peace and quiet, and the ability to see the milky way at night. The school is very good and the kids who go there include state record setting track athletes. The science program at the school is superior, the class went to the Pasadena Mars Rover lab. The town of Silver Springs is the typical town you would find in the wild open spaces of the west. Close enough to a big city and International airport, but far enough away from all the crime of the big city.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:02 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,240,703 times
Folks, I don't think y'all are talking about the same things!

There is a 55+ community in Las Vegas called "Silver Springs." The Realtor Millie Fine has a lot of information about age-restricted communities on her Website Silver Springs - age restriced community and she says the community of Silver Springs is entered from the "primary access road to Sam Boyd stadium." I think the OP is talking about this. I think the rest of you are referencing a town that is at the intersection of Routes 95 and 50, south of Interstate 80.

She says, "This project is well located in that it is close to I95 and is within 10 to15 minutes from the airport and strip," which would put it wa-a-a-y more than an hour from Reno. She lists several negatives to this community but notes, "it is difficult to find any newer free standing home in the Las Vegas area at an equivalent price."

rjames09, if you want any extra info about the community, access Ms. Fine's site for her review and a list of houses that are currently for sale there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas