Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 05:54 PM

229 posts, read 814,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I am always serious...everyone knows that.

Actually good kitchen help makes $10 an hour. But you got to train all those high school dropouts how to wash dishes. And in the interim we will all have to feed those tourists...you got any idea of how hard that is going to be? Hell some are from Indiana...and they hardly speak english.
Let me make sure I understand this correctly, all dishwashers are either "high school dropouts" or illegal aliens? Is the construction industry comprised of high school dropouts and/or illegal aliens as well? How many dishwashin' high school dropouts would it take to buy a house in Las Vegas? $10/hour (seems kinda high) and realtors joking about you being a high school dropout? No thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 06:16 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,200,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackackack View Post
Let me make sure I understand this correctly, all dishwashers are either "high school dropouts" or illegal aliens? Is the construction industry comprised of high school dropouts and/or illegal aliens as well? How many dishwashin' high school dropouts would it take to buy a house in Las Vegas? $10/hour (seems kinda high) and realtors joking about you being a high school dropout? No thanks.
You hired a couple of day laborers at Star recently? Getting $15. The low wage day laborer is a thing of the past. In general most of the contractor crews are in fact Hispanic...but that does not mean they are either illegal or cheap.

and you did not understand it correctly. When you pull the illegals off the dishes and off the linens and off the vacuum cleaners you have to replace them with somebody. If not the high school dropouts who do you have in mind? And if it happened in any sudden fashion...the whole restaurant industry would plumb shut down...as would at least most of the non-strip hotels and the non union construction industry....

Hey when we change the citizen amendment to get rid of the anchor babies I am going to push to get rid of everybody who does not graduate high school. We can send them to Mexico with a stipend and still end up way ahead of the game. If you can't or don't care enough to graduate high school we will help you find a career doing field labor in Mexico.

Let us really improve the quality of our citizens if we are going to get selective.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:48 PM

229 posts, read 814,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You hired a couple of day laborers at Star recently? Getting $15. The low wage day laborer is a thing of the past. In general most of the contractor crews are in fact Hispanic...but that does not mean they are either illegal or cheap.

and you did not understand it correctly. When you pull the illegals off the dishes and off the linens and off the vacuum cleaners you have to replace them with somebody. If not the high school dropouts who do you have in mind? And if it happened in any sudden fashion...the whole restaurant industry would plumb shut down...as would at least most of the non-strip hotels and the non union construction industry....

Hey when we change the citizen amendment to get rid of the anchor babies I am going to push to get rid of everybody who does not graduate high school. We can send them to Mexico with a stipend and still end up way ahead of the game. If you can't or don't care enough to graduate high school we will help you find a career doing field labor in Mexico.

Let us really improve the quality of our citizens if we are going to get selective.

Don't get me wrong olecapt, I like your thinking. I have always wanted Las Vegas to be more economically diverse, and producing dropouts is something that we do well, lead the nation in that one, so why not export something for once instead of importing everything we use. Good job, I'm on your side. I'll say it again, when you run for mayor, you get my vote. Your idea is perfect, it fixes our troubled school system, and we start another industry. We'll be a two-horse town overnight.

I think we discussed this once, before, I don't hire illegal immigrants, so I wouldn't know how much they are paid. I do remember you knowing what illegal labor cost, and where to get them. Once again, I guess one way to fix the problem would be to stop employing them.

Out of curiosity I looked in the RJ classifieds and found only one dishwasher position that listed the pay: $7.50/hr. Anyone find one that pays $10/hour and allows dropouts?

Old 12-06-2007, 05:51 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,332,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Title companies in many states cannot legally prepare real estate contracts.

Also, not all real estate agents are REALTORS
Thank goodness title companies make sure little details--- such as the correct property is being sold--- and yes, jfk, it is a good idea to have age limitations on all those licensed NV real estate agents at 66, 82, 68, or 88.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:39 AM

Quote:

Who made either claim?? Spin, baby, spin.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:31 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
Who made either claim?? Spin, baby, spin.
No one

I was merely pointing out that to purchase a property that either an attorney or real estate agent/broker needs to prepare the contract.

The other alternative is the parties do it themselves (and I can assure you that is not the best option)

BTW, did you know you do not have to use a title or escrow company to do a real estate transaction?

This is the no spin zone - just facts

Old 12-06-2007, 09:47 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Quote:

and not ALL Sheriffs are SHERIFFS.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
No one

I was merely pointing out that to purchase a property that either an attorney or real estate agent/broker needs to prepare the contract.

The other alternative is the parties do it themselves (and I can assure you that is not the best option)

BTW, did you know you do not have to use a title or escrow company to do a real estate transaction?

This is the no spin zone - just facts
What in the world are you claiming-----a real estate agent or attorney needs to prepare the contract---is a LIE, spin, baby, spin.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:36 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
What in the world are you claiming-----a real estate agent or attorney needs to prepare the contract---is a LIE, spin, baby, spin.
Please, re-read

I also said the parties could do their own contract

A neighbor could do it but cannot be compensated

Old 12-06-2007, 01:55 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Quote:
Please, re-read

I also said the parties could do their own contract

A neighbor could do it but cannot be compensated
BUT I would NEVER ALLOW a Sheriff to do it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: