Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2014, 11:45 PM

79 posts, read 127,536 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

So after living here a few years I'm still searching for some busy bars to frequent.
Is there any bars (West preferably but I'd head South or East) that aren't on the strip or Fremont? I want to walk in and have to look for an open table or have more than just a couple of people sitting at the bar.
I've been to trivia night in McMullans and that's the kind of atmosphere I'm after but everyone clears out immediately after.

I definitely miss the nightlife from Ireland and it sucks to live in Vegas and not have somewhere decent to go. Also, if anyone knows of a bar where they have good rock cover bands I'd appreciate it.

I somehow think what I want doesn't exist.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 05:24 AM

52 posts, read 77,477 times
Also are there any good pubs or bars to watch the premier league or champions league games at for locals.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:09 AM

555 posts, read 775,222 times
Good question; i've been trying to find the answer myself.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:58 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,784,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacio View Post
Hey guys,

So after living here a few years I'm still searching for some busy bars to frequent.
Is there any bars (West preferably but I'd head South or East) that aren't on the strip or Fremont? I want to walk in and have to look for an open table or have more than just a couple of people sitting at the bar.
I've been to trivia night in McMullans and that's the kind of atmosphere I'm after but everyone clears out immediately after.

I definitely miss the nightlife from Ireland and it sucks to live in Vegas and not have somewhere decent to go. Also, if anyone knows of a bar where they have good rock cover bands I'd appreciate it.

I somehow think what I want doesn't exist.

Thanks!
Vamp'd on Sahara is my hangout. But, unfortunately, you won't get a table in the main live music room unless you reserve ahead of time. If you get there early (by 9:00p) you may get a table in the bar area (adjacent to the main room). You'll see rock cover bands, as well as 80s rock bands (mostly c and d level bands). Last week I saw the Moby Dicks (all-star Led Zep tribute), Y&T, and Cheap Thrill (members of Cinderella and White Lion). It gets so busy it is difficult to move (unless you know someone and can stand in VIP behind the ropes). This week will be very busy there as well, with Sin City Sinners and special guest Tracii Guns (Guns 'n Roses/LA Guns) on Thursday, Mike Tramp (White Lion) with John Corabi (Motley Crue) on Friday, and the Iron Maidens (all female Maiden tribute) on Saturday. Most of the headliners hit the stage around midnight, but Vamp'd doesn't close until everyone wants to go home, often 4 or 5am.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:02 PM

79 posts, read 127,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
Vamp'd on Sahara is my hangout. But, unfortunately, you won't get a table in the main live music room unless you reserve ahead of time. If you get there early (by 9:00p) you may get a table in the bar area (adjacent to the main room). You'll see rock cover bands, as well as 80s rock bands (mostly c and d level bands). Last week I saw the Moby Dicks (all-star Led Zep tribute), Y&T, and Cheap Thrill (members of Cinderella and White Lion). It gets so busy it is difficult to move (unless you know someone and can stand in VIP behind the ropes). This week will be very busy there as well, with Sin City Sinners and special guest Tracii Guns (Guns 'n Roses/LA Guns) on Thursday, Mike Tramp (White Lion) with John Corabi (Motley Crue) on Friday, and the Iron Maidens (all female Maiden tribute) on Saturday. Most of the headliners hit the stage around midnight, but Vamp'd doesn't close until everyone wants to go home, often 4 or 5am.

That sounds like the place I'm after. In Ireland it's almost standard to walk into a pub and not get a seat for the first few hours!
Thanks for the info though, I'm definitely going to head down and see. It's just nice to have a place with atmosphere and a decent sized crowd.

For the premiership and champions league games, because of the time they're on here it's hard to find somewhere with a good atmosphere to watch them.
Crown and Anchor, RiRa or McMullans would be a good bet but it's still going to be midday for CL games and you're looking at 6am start for Premiership.
We just record them and watch them during the day at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas