Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2014, 09:20 AM

15 posts, read 18,338 times

Advertisements

I was just curious if anyone knew what the weight limits on dogs are in some of the communities such as Tuscany, Inspirada, etc.? I've tried to find the CC&Rs online, but I haven't had much luck. I just wanted to see what you all know about this issue. I have 2 dogs who are approx. 65 lbs each. They are no specific breed (mutts, basically) but I wanted to know if I need to rule out trying to buy a house in one of these types of communities because of their weight restrictions on dogs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 11:52 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,114,456 times
I don't know of any SFH communities whose CCR's forbid dogs based on weight, except some of the retirement communities.

Old 03-30-2014, 02:40 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,318,530 times
Being familiar with the retirement communities, I have never come across one that has weight limits. Here in SCS, our only limits are max 3 dogs. Can you recall which retirement communities you have heard of that limit them by weight.

It's totally typical to find weight limits in rerntal condos and apartments but I have never heard of such in occupied own residential.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:18 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,114,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Being familiar with the retirement communities, I have never come across one that has weight limits. Here in SCS, our only limits are max 3 dogs. Can you recall which retirement communities you have heard of that limit them by weight.

It's totally typical to find weight limits in rerntal condos and apartments but I have never heard of such in occupied own residential.
I can't say for sure that the retirement communities have doggie weight limits, but when I see people walking dogs in Sun City Aliante, they are always small dogs. Perhaps a poor assumption on my part? Pink String may know more.

The CCRs in my neighborhood only deal with keeping dogs confined or leashed, and cleaning up after them when you walk them. We have the little baggie stations for dog poo sprinkled throughout the neighborhood.
I'm not in Aliante, but a bit south of it. I do see big dogs in regular Aliante, but not in the senior community, so I assumed that maybe they had rules about that.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:46 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,797,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post

I don't think Sun City Summerlin has any limit. Three is the Las Vegas City limit. You can however get a fanciers permit for more than three. Note that fanciers permits are much easier in the county than the city which makes them somewhat harder to get.

I doubt Sun City Aliante is any different...but you never know.

I know of single family tracts with count limits and condos with weight limits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas