Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 11:15 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,278,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longton52 View Post
are you in a house or apt ?

You can buy temp shades at Lowes/HD. They have black out ones for about $10. I bought some several years ago that were peel and stick but rather than stick them, I wrapped them around a tension rod that I placed across the top of the window, underneath the wood blinds.
We're in apartments and they won't let us do that, but I think I will get some black out curtains for the sunny office room just to cool it down.

On another note I set up the online bill pay account for the electricity and the info graphic on expected monthly usage does appear for apartments as well. Ours says the expected monthly usage is between $80 - $158 this month. Such a wide range but I just set it up that day so we'll see.

I don't like how we can't pay with our debit card. We can only route it through our checking account using routing number and account number. It's not instant and so far I'm still waiting for them to take the money out of our checking account. I wonder if they'll get to it before the 4th of July holiday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 06:06 PM

3 posts, read 2,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChel View Post
I don't how people can turn the air off during the day in Las Vegas. We always have someone home and have pets. A friend killed their dog by turning off the ac during the day while they were out and about. I guess it's what you get used to. We have a small 1200 sq town home and have the thermostat set on 76-77. Winter bills are $70-80 - summer bills are $250-300. My last bill was $246 and it said the average bill for ppl with a similar home was $123. At only 10 days into the current bill period the bill is nearly $100 already.
Thought I'd update - the compressor went out on the ac and was replaced, We still use the ac a lot and the summer bills run about 200-250 so the new compressor has decreased our bill. We also take part in the equal billing program that they offer. Our monthly bill is $115 which makes budgeting much easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas