Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 04:16 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,671,817 times

Advertisements

Its Sun City though...potentially a lot of retired neighbors one of whom might be willing to oversee the projects for a reasonable price at least enough to call you if they had concerns about if stuff is being done correcnitly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 05:04 PM

5 posts, read 5,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
You can get a large storage unit for about $200/mo (usually first month is free or $1) That will hold a 2 bedroom house, figure a 10' x 25' if you stack it like you're playing Tetris. Even if you got 2 of them for a month, that's $400. My guess would be you couldn't get someone to supervise for $400.
That's what we figured.

We had a long chat over dinner and have decided to rearrange our plans. We will get this house ready to sell, move to SCS, place all our furniture in the center of the large living area and have the bedrooms done first (That means installing the wood floors before the tile).

Once the wood is in and the walls are painted in the master and guest bedrooms all the furniture will go in them. Then we wait for everything else to be finished and "move in" officially.

One last trip back to close on this house and we're done. If all goes well that will be before school starts this fall.

Our thanks to everyone who warned about unsupervised construction. It really brought home our concerns.

Now we need to find all those contractors for the work.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:06 PM

5 posts, read 5,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
Its Sun City though...potentially a lot of retired neighbors one of whom might be willing to oversee the projects for a reasonable price at least enough to call you if they had concerns about if stuff is being done correcnitly.
Hmmmm...

Old 04-10-2014, 10:41 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,319,508 times
Either way you decide to go, there are negatives and positives. In the 4 yrs. I have lived here, I have seen many people move in. And of course, all of us are from out of town.

I had an entire list of things I wanted to do, I came in from Ohio, but moved in first. As time went on and I had a chance to live in the house, my opinions about those things changed. I discovered additional things that had to be done and learned to live with the others I first wanted. You have to learn how the sun for instance, hits a room before you can really make a good decision about what color you want to paint it. I had very definite ideas on flooring but had to live here to learn that the top layer of road sealant, called slurry, comes off on your tires and on your feet, so what I thought I would have wanted for flooring would never have been appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: