Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 06:19 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times

Advertisements

I am betting a neighbor knows something. Or saw something. It seems this happens more than we think, someone letting the dog out of the yard. In one story, a veteran had his service dog taken from his yard in Denver earlier this year. (link below) Check with every single animal rescue place you can find here in the valley. If someone let your dog out and the dog was wandering, animal control may pick them up. Plus talk to every neighbor with a block or two radius that you can. I really hope you get your fur child back.

Veteran
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 03:04 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I am betting a neighbor knows something. Or saw something. It seems this happens more than we think, someone letting the dog out of the yard. In one story, a veteran had his service dog taken from his yard in Denver earlier this year. (link below) Check with every single animal rescue place you can find here in the valley. If someone let your dog out and the dog was wandering, animal control may pick them up. Plus talk to every neighbor with a block or two radius that you can. I really hope you get your fur child back.

Veteran
Thank you for your concern. Yes, I've spoken with all the neighbors and checked the shelters. I've contacted channel 13 as a last ditch effort. If nothing else to bring light to a type of criminal activity that is horrific. I can't even go into what people apparently do with stolen dogs without becoming sick. I'm beyond devastated.

Old 05-03-2014, 03:07 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
I do hope you find your fur kid.

Old 05-03-2014, 03:11 PM

9 posts, read 11,380 times
Crime rate in Las Vegas is going up no matter what part of the Valley you live in..North las vegas has a bad reputation but I live in North Las vegas and have never gotten my care or home broken into, actually it is pretty quiet area. 89030 area

Old 05-04-2014, 08:57 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
It still makes no sense to me, never will, the statistics point out when the economy starts to improve, crime goes up! That seems so ironic to me!

You would think, at the depth of the economic recession we went through, crime would have been at its highest level.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:34 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,666,242 times
I sent you a pm regarding your lost pet.

Be sure to visit the shelters IN PERSON to search for your dog! Absolutely do not rely on the word of whoever answered the phone. I also advise you keep an eye out on craigslist as well.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:07 AM

52 posts, read 77,421 times
I am happy to see that the news crew picked up your story. I hope that you get her back.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:08 AM

52 posts, read 77,421 times
Did you see this comment on the news website.

"Linda Faye Hunt
I saw a dog that looked just like that dog by my moms house on "H" and Alexander.The dog was just wondering and it was to beautiful to be a stray dog.He looked like the dog my mom use to gave before he died.I saw the dog yesterday approximately3:50 pm on 5-4-2014"

Old 05-07-2014, 07:58 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mijoro View Post
Did you see this comment on the news website.

"Linda Faye Hunt
I saw a dog that looked just like that dog by my moms house on "H" and Alexander.The dog was just wondering and it was to beautiful to be a stray dog.He looked like the dog my mom use to gave before he died.I saw the dog yesterday approximately3:50 pm on 5-4-2014"

I did. I'm actually trying to follow up on a tip from someone who called me describing my dog to a T. She was spotted down by warm springs and palo verde. Supposedly a mother picking up her teenage son from school were able to get her into their white PT cruiser. I'm trying to canvas that area. Might see if the two schools will allow any flyers down there tomorrow.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:55 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,666,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
I did. I'm actually trying to follow up on a tip from someone who called me describing my dog to a T. She was spotted down by warm springs and palo verde. Supposedly a mother picking up her teenage son from school were able to get her into their white PT cruiser. I'm trying to canvas that area. Might see if the two schools will allow any flyers down there tomorrow.
Go back and check the shelters again too...I really hope you are able to find her safe and sound. Most vets offices will accept flyers too...not all will post them but having a pic on hand to make a comparision to a found pet is helpful for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas