Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2014, 05:56 PM

326 posts, read 680,268 times

Advertisements

Considering a relocation with three boys. What's the rec league scene like for soccer out there? Competitive? Nonexistent? Are swim teams big there?

Are there clubs and things for kids to get into?

Would love to hear other parent feedback! Our boys are active!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 06:09 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,247,172 times
I don't know about swim teams, but flying over Las Vegas you'll see that every other backyard has a pool. As for soccer, driving around on weekends I see literally thousands of kids playing at the many, many soccer fields in Las Vegas. We have something like 300,000 school kids here, and I'd swear they all play soccer. There is also at least one large football complex with several fields, probably more. My grandkids take lessons in just about everything. My daughter played all kinds of sports and is now a PE teacher. Las Vegas has sent many players, male and female, to just about all major league sports, plus Olympics. I think they'll find plenty to do. Also, they can snow ski and water ski and play golf in the same day. There are at least 60 golf courses, maybe more. The ski resort is expanding. And Lake Mead behind Hoover Dam is the largest man made reservoir in the western hemisphere. Mountain biking is big, as is hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, zip-lines, kayaking, motocross, off roading, you name it. If you can't do it here it can't be done.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:23 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,329,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapp5 View Post
Considering a relocation with three boys. What's the rec league scene like for soccer out there? Competitive? Nonexistent? Are swim teams big there?

Are there clubs and things for kids to get into?

Would love to hear other parent feedback! Our boys are active!
Plenty of options for rec and club level. My kids did rec with NYS which is ok but can be disorganized at times. NYS does soccer, football, baseball, basketball, golf and some other activities.

I moved them up to club level this past year where each club is different but they play at excellent facilities throughout the city as well as tournaments. Both are doing very well playing goalie for their teams. DM me if you need more info.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:14 PM

326 posts, read 680,268 times
Thanks for the info. Golfinova...what's that run? Are kids playing sports during summer months? Wasn't sure given the heat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: