Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 08:12 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times

Advertisements

Not enough local foot traffick? Tourists aren't checking it out? I have yet gotten a chance to make it down there. I just hope everything doesn't close up before I can check it out.

Who has been down there so far?

Joe Downtown: Group lauds Container Park as it pulls plug on 3 shops there - Las Vegas Sun News

Quote:
Three businesses operated by Future Restaurant Group are moving out of the
Downtown Container Park, just a few months after the park opened.

The Boozery, a small bar; The Beatnik, an espresso coffee outlet; and Pork
& Beans are leaving the Container Park, which is an outdoor mall under
operation of Tony Hsieh’s Downtown Project, said Jennifer Cornthwaite,
spokeswoman for FRG

Joe Downtown: Upper-floor Container Park tenant is shuttering store - Las Vegas Sun News

Quote:
The downtown Container Park is about to lose one of its first tenants.

Alios, an architectural and entertainment lighting business, will leave the
outdoor mall in April, said owner Todd VonBaastians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 08:25 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,342,083 times
I checked out Pork and Beans, it was ok. Nothing that has me wanting to go back.

While it is good for the redevelopment of the downtown area, I didn't see anything aside from the kids park in the center that screamed "must see". Maybe get a few different restaurants aside from a bean place.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:31 PM

555 posts, read 775,387 times
Yet townsquare thriving; location, location, location.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:34 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,886,305 times
I think it has to find its right mix. A lot of the stores were sort of head scratchers. I mean nice enough ideas, but is there really a market for a lighting store in such a small space for example? It will have some turnover as people move beyond the let's try this concept and get down to concepts which will be able to pay the rent.

One thing is for sure, if you go down there for the first time you will know its something different. No place else has the same vibe as it.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:44 PM

391 posts, read 1,030,109 times
For people with kids, pretty nice place to go as a destination. And kids or not, the Mexican place in there has some of the best potato flautas I have ever had. We'll be back for that. Summertime heat? Ugh. Possibly. Fall and on, yes.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:30 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
Supposedly the dog park/kiddie park are doing very well. Along with the open area for special events(burning man). Guess what they both have in common?

Free.99

Old 05-28-2014, 10:00 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,787,376 times
We went to Container Park while visiting the mini-maker fair a couple months ago. We ate at Big Erns BBQ. It was really good but there was so much foot traffic, we felt rushed and herded like cattle. We stopped at pork 'n beans first but there was nothing on the menu to pull us in and the line was super short. I think they got their business from impatient people not wanting to wait in line at Big Erns.

The kid played at the playground but she was a little too old for the numerous toddlers running around. I'd suggest they have different zones for different age groups. For example a mini cafe container for Tweens with music videos and mini-safe pop culture. I noticed a bandstand area in back but no one was playing. It was semi-hot that day and that was over two months ago. Maybe shaded areas and more seating. We didn't stay long. They need to find a way for families to dawdle. And there were lots of families out, there was also a fashion show that day.

Hubby and I went to the Sweet Spot candy shop for some nostalgic childhood candy but after spending $26 dollars,the nostalgia wore off quickly. I'd like to find a good reason to go back but there is so much in town vying for my attention.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:22 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,671,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Supposedly the dog park/kiddie park are doing very well. Along with the open area for special events(burning man). Guess what they both have in common?

Free.99
I believe the dog park requires membership dues...its a members only park or at least it was last time I checked.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:29 PM

188 posts, read 358,215 times
Went there a few weeks ago for the first time. We ate at the BBQ place. It was good, but not worth going back for. There were not many stores and none that we were interested in. The drum circle going on out front with fire coming out of the big praying mantis was fun to watch for a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Supposedly the dog park/kiddie park are doing very well.
There is NO dog park. We were going to bring our dogs, then found out that pets are not allowed. There is security at the entrances.

I'm glad we went to see it, but there is no reason for us to go back.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:37 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,671,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieRose View Post
Went there a few weeks ago for the first time. We ate at the BBQ place. It was good, but not worth going back for. There were not many stores and none that we were interested in. The drum circle going on out front with fire coming out of the big praying mantis was fun to watch for a few minutes.

There is NO dog park. We were going to bring our dogs, then found out that pets are not allowed. There is security at the entrances.

I'm glad we went to see it, but there is no reason for us to go back.
I know you weren't responding to me but just to clairify I was referring to the Hydrant Park
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: