Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2014, 02:58 PM

557 posts, read 789,585 times

Advertisements

Anybody have any personal experience with American Home Shield home warranty ? Their plans look affordable due to having many choices to choose your deductible thereby lowering the annual premiums. I have had Old Republic and First American, been happy, but their plans are getting pricey. Most home warranty CO. won't give the new purchase policy price for current customers. Does Old Republic still discount this way ? I know First American refused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 05:42 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,573,368 times
Old Republic does not discount anymore and believe me I tried. I just renewed two policies with them and they were more expensive that AHS and First American but they do pay claims at least they have mine so far.

I checked into AHS but couldn't get past all the really bad ratings they have online. I was worried they wouldn't pay a claim and make some excuse like I didn't service the unit regularly etc..

Old 05-29-2014, 06:01 PM

557 posts, read 789,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packrat1 View Post
Old Republic does not discount anymore and believe me I tried. I just renewed two policies with them and they were more expensive that AHS and First American but they do pay claims at least they have mine so far.

I checked into AHS but couldn't get past all the really bad ratings they have online. I was worried they wouldn't pay a claim and make some excuse like I didn't service the unit regularly etc..
AHS policy's advertise lack of maintance won't effect a claim. Looks good to me and price is right.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:01 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,573,368 times
Hope it works out let us know. It would be great to have another option in that market.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:06 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,927,265 times
Have your Attorney review the contract before you sign it.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:14 PM

45 posts, read 216,868 times
Default Ahs

I signed with AHS in Jan. 2014. I had a plumbing problem (pre-existing in the house I purchased but not identified during the inspection). I called AHS and a plumber arrived and fixed the problem (I paid the $75 service fee). The plumber left a little bit too much hose showing from the wall in the bathroom. I called AHS and they dispatched a second plumber and he cut the hose a bit shorter (no cost to me). I was happy with the service. I researched most of the insurance companies and they all have some number of unfavorable ratings. The AHS customer service agents were very professional and courteous.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:33 AM

930 posts, read 1,810,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richzx14 View Post
I signed with AHS in Jan. 2014. I had a plumbing problem (pre-existing in the house I purchased but not identified during the inspection). I called AHS and a plumber arrived and fixed the problem (I paid the $75 service fee). .

I have had old republic for the last 5 years and had no problems. their service fee is $60 but my renewal isn't until this fall so maybe they'll be going up too.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:49 AM

249 posts, read 401,383 times
I have AHS-- no major issues with them, other than sometimes waiting a while to get something repaired, but that is usually a vendor problem getting necessary parts.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:04 AM

3,199 posts, read 13,343,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyliveonce View Post
Anybody have any personal experience with American Home Shield home warranty ? Their plans look affordable due to having many choices to choose your deductible thereby lowering the annual premiums. I have had Old Republic and First American, been happy, but their plans are getting pricey. Most home warranty CO. won't give the new purchase policy price for current customers. Does Old Republic still discount this way ? I know First American refused.
It may be okay where you are, (I actually had one on my second home there in LV and had a claim which they made good on) but I have stopped recommending them and no longer buy the policy as a gift to my clients. The service here is terrible especially for appliances. So if I were you, I'd do a little research on who they use for various types of calls.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:54 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,478,825 times
All home warranty companies can be difficult to deal with. FWIW, I have a friend who went without air conditioning during our triple digit days and just kept getting the run around between AHS and their contractor. He ended up seeing a lawyer and is confident he will get the ac repaired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas