Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 08:05 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,630,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
Expect to refloor and repaint and you'll never be surprised.
Haha...I hope I'm still laughing in 10 days.

Tenants are out already.

I think I'll make a few phone calls.

Property manager never commented to me on how the walk thru went.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 09:26 PM

10,865 posts, read 16,939,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
Haha...I hope I'm still laughing in 10 days.

Tenants are out already.

I think I'll make a few phone calls.

Property manager never commented to me on how the walk thru went.
Nine out of 10 times there won't be a problem. The problem is that 10% of the [censored] animal [censored] who [censored] their own [censored] who will gleefully trash a property just to [censored] the landlord.

I've cleaned up after these [censored] too many times already. I'm doing it now. And I'll be doing it all summer. But at least I'm securing my future doing it. It's not pleasant money. But it is easy money.

Landlords who put their in trust property managers will eventually be burned. I have years of experience cleaning up the aftermath.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:42 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,532,504 times
It's easy money? If you paid for a rehab guy instead of doing it yourself you're looking at thousands of dollars. It's not cheap or easy, it's work.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
It's easy money? If you paid for a rehab guy instead of doing it yourself you're looking at thousands of dollars. It's not cheap or easy, it's work.
No, I'm doing it myself because I have plans for when I'm finally able to leave. It's disgusting. It's back breaking. I sneeze all day long because I'm allergic to the [censored] filth the last owners lived in. Even though I wear surgical masks as I clean their [censored.]

And let me repeat -- a property management company let ALL of this happen. They did nothing. And a property owner in California lost a great deal of money. And I will make a great deal of money. And that's because I'm willing to clean other people's excrement for a six-figure payday.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:33 PM

49 posts, read 81,001 times
Hi all,

@ScoopLV
Quote:
Calling them "animals" is insulting to animals.
Amen to that !

Nice discussion on the dangers of "out of state owners" and questionable property management.

Finding good tenants is the most important skill for the Property Manager.
I guess it might be easier to get a higher quality tenant by giving them a little lower rent ?

Did you say that most Property Managers don't make any onsite visits ( drive-bys don't count ) ? or only when there are big problems ?
Renting to tenants is an inherently risky business that Property Managers minimize.

Best, LA Guy

Old 06-03-2014, 11:20 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,532,504 times
LA_Guy: "Finding good tenants is the most important skill for the Property Manager."

It's not a skill. It's being patient and understanding that having the house empty for months is better than having to boot someone out and dump 3-10k in rehab after 1-2 years of tenancy thus negating any rent you collected.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:45 AM

244 posts, read 438,328 times
i have one question. Im renting my condo trough Property mngm here in Vegas.
Our contract will expire in 2 month from now and tenant already told me he will be out almost 1 month before that.
I saw my condo other day and inside is very dirty and some things needs to be fixed.
He told me he will clean it before leave.
But i doubt it will be in condition as it was when i rented it.
Do i have right to get some of his deposit money to use to fix some broken things and pay for professional cleaning service?

Old 06-04-2014, 12:47 AM

743 posts, read 965,501 times
Quote:
LA_Guy: "Finding good tenants is the most important skill for the Property Manager."

It's not a skill. It's being patient and understanding that having the house empty for months is better than having to boot someone out and dump 3-10k in rehab after 1-2 years of tenancy thus negating any rent you collected.
I know a lot of stupid landlords who will sit on a place vacant for 2 months because they need to rent the 1 bedroom for $700 rather than have it rented in 2 days at $650 to the best applicant of ten people who inquired in the first 24 hours due to the deal being at $650.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioni888 View Post
Do i have right to get some of his deposit money to use to fix some broken things and pay for professional cleaning service?
You can use all of the deposit to fix the damage. But it doesn't matter because the deposit isn't going to cover all the damage. That's just how it is. And if you raise the rent and deposit to cover the kind of damage you will experience in Las Vegas, nobody will rent from you.

Come up with a new way of screening tenants. Because the average mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, crack-smoking, Las Vegas moron is a liability -- not an asset. These are the people that you will have to clean up after. I know this because I've done it many times over the last eight years. That's just how it is.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:54 AM

244 posts, read 438,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
You can use all of the deposit to fix the damage. But it doesn't matter because the deposit isn't going to cover all the damage. That's just how it is. And if you raise the rent and deposit to cover the kind of damage you will experience in Las Vegas, nobody will rent from you.

Come up with a new way of screening tenants. Because the average mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, crack-smoking, Las Vegas moron is a liability -- not an asset. These are the people that you will have to clean up after. I know this because I've done it many times over the last eight years. That's just how it is.

But if he says he cleaned/fixed everything and i know its not like before or not clean enough what options i have?

Do i tell that to Property agency and they will take care or.....?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: