Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2014, 11:59 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
And? Uber has the resources to flood political candidates with a lot more money! Uber will win, hands down, with the help of their lawyers as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 04:25 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,947,399 times
That must be old. It's actually worth 4x-5x that now.

Old 10-28-2014, 04:52 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Yes it is old. The main point is that uber has the $$$ to grease some pockets. Have the taxi companies ever went to battle with a multi billion dollar entity before?

Old 10-28-2014, 04:56 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Yes it is old. The main point is that uber has the $$$ to grease some pockets. Have the taxi companies ever went to battle with a multi billion dollar entity before?
You know this town, it's not just money, it's juice. We shall see how this plays out. It's interesting to watch it unfold.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:07 PM

116 posts, read 126,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
UBER doesn't have jack squat. Their VALUED at that, they don't have that. Right now they are forced to raise operating costs by selling future stock options in the company to Venture Capitalists and Investment Banks. It could take YEARS before they go public and realize any of that money. Many start ups never do. They are not profitable. Right now they are basically pan handlers with potential.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:20 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,549,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBender View Post
UBER doesn't have jack squat. Their VALUED at that, they don't have that. Right now they are forced to raise operating costs by selling future stock options in the company to Venture Capitalists and Investment Banks. It could take YEARS before they go public and realize any of that money. Many start ups never do. They are not profitable. Right now they are basically pan handlers with potential.
No. Right now they are a tech company with a valued stock asset in the billions.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:22 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,071,283 times
Have you tried uber?

I just tried it recently and the experience is 10x than cabs. The driver who picked me up had a perfectly clean car, spoke perfect english, helped me with my bags, didn't use his cell phone at all, and I didn't have to tip him.

And their mobile app is amazing.

From what I'm told by friends, they've had similar experiences.

I don't think uber is going anywhere.

Quote:

Old 10-28-2014, 11:41 PM

116 posts, read 126,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
Have you tried uber?

I just tried it recently and the experience is 10x than cabs. The driver who picked me up had a perfectly clean car, spoke perfect english, helped me with my bags, didn't use his cell phone at all, and I didn't have to tip him.

And their mobile app is amazing.

From what I'm told by friends, they've had similar experiences.

I don't think uber is going anywhere.

I didn't say they were going anywhere. I said they aren't sitting on 20 Billion cash like people on here are saying over and over. I said they are forced to ask people who have money for money based on what the company is valued at an IPO. The company's future isn't based on Las Vegas right now. No Investment bank is paying for them to steamroll the Cab Lobby in this state right now.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:27 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,858,996 times
Definitely write or email Governor Sandoval (Email the Governor) and Attorney General Masto (Contact) with your views.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:30 AM

15,827 posts, read 14,463,105 times
They raised almost $300 million in equity money, so, no, they have a lot more than jack squat. And they can probably raise more than that.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas