Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 04:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,787 times

Advertisements

Greetings!

I am buying a house very soon but I don't want to make a $300,000 mistake. However, I am finding it hard to find a neighborhood that doesn't have a plethora of vehicles in the street. Are there any neighborhoods with strict HOA enforcement and clutter-free streets? I hate seeing vehicles in the streets. It drives me crazy. That's what a driveway and a garage is for.

I hate to say it but most neighborhoods in Vegas and Henderson look like crap. Likewise, are there any neighborhoods where the the majority of homes are owner-occupied with late model minivans/cars (no aftermarket chrome rims) in garage VS renters with beat-up commercial vehicles/SUVs who rent out rooms to 5 different people? I want a neighborhood with pride of ownership and no eye sores.

I am willing to pay HOA fees if they strictly enforce the rules.

Thank you everyone and I'm sorry If I offended anybody (it wasn't my intent).

Please be specific with zip codes and subdivisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 05:00 PM

168 posts, read 212,338 times
[rude, personal, off topic]

Renting is almost everywhere.
Blue Collar workers are everywhere with their commercial vehicles.

You might want to try Seven Hills or some elderly golf course area...or move to a highrise in a major city.

There will be some neighborhoods that are cleaner than others. Just gotta find the right ones, but you're always going to have one or two cluttered houses. Either from owners who don't care or renters who care even less.

Goodluck.

Last edited by observer53; 07-05-2014 at 12:59 AM..

Old 07-04-2014, 06:11 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
[rude]

But seriously, I do know of such a neighborhood that exist in LV. The owner of the company that my wife works for, lives there. And I can tell you that 300k will not cut it. You would have to triple that. I heard HOA fees are over $500+ too. Two gaurd gated community with entry/exit cameras to catch license plate numbers. Is this what you want?

It's a hassle to even go through the main gate and just about every home has a circular drive court(not a standard driveway).

I tried to do a Craigslist transaction in this community. The inconvenience killed the deal.

Last edited by observer53; 07-05-2014 at 12:59 AM..

Old 07-04-2014, 08:25 PM

48 posts, read 30,561 times
It's not only a blue collar town but a transient town. Yeah, good luck finding what you are looking for unless you pay more than about 400k. Supply and demand.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:47 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Stop everybody. It is a relatively easy request. If he is over 55 even easier. The number of places with no active street parking is huge. Most of the gated places in town in fact.

Try almost anywhere in 89134 or 89144 or 89138 or up the hill in Henderson in 89012 or 89052. And given the price point you might want to try the less expensive areas like 89131,89129, 89149, 89143 or 89084.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:06 PM

158 posts, read 264,816 times
Not in my gated community in 89143, in my culedesac my neighbor has rims and a tricked out car. My other neighbor has a Bronco with a lift kit sitting in the driveway that is never moved. It's a nice enough neighborhood, but not what the OP thinks he wants.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:10 PM

2,544 posts, read 2,737,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2014 View Post
Greetings!

I am buying a house very soon but I don't want to make a $300,000 mistake. However, I am finding it hard to find a neighborhood that doesn't have a plethora of vehicles in the street. Are there any neighborhoods with strict HOA enforcement and clutter-free streets? I hate seeing vehicles in the streets. It drives me crazy. That's what a driveway and a garage is for.

I hate to say it but most neighborhoods in Vegas and Henderson look like crap. Likewise, are there any neighborhoods where the the majority of homes are owner-occupied with late model minivans/cars (no aftermarket chrome rims) in garage VS renters with beat-up commercial vehicles/SUVs who rent out rooms to 5 different people? I want a neighborhood with pride of ownership and no eye sores.

I am willing to pay HOA fees if they strictly enforce the rules.

Thank you everyone and I'm sorry If I offended anybody (it wasn't my intent).

Please be specific with zip codes and subdivisions.

I can't understand how it would bother someone to have cars parked on the street.
Does it bother you if cars drive on the street?

Old 07-04-2014, 11:22 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,679,690 times
Sounds like solitude is the best choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
I can't understand how it would bother someone to have cars parked on the street.

Old 07-05-2014, 03:05 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Only select parts of 89084 would work. Regular neighborhoods in here have cars all over the place. And all types of vehicles, because all types of people live there.The townhomes require garage parking or parking in the lots. There is no street parking allowed, mainly because the streets are narrow and emergency vehicles would not be able to get through without totaling a few cars in the way. Terrasini condos might be the same. Club Aliante may or may not have on street parking and Sun City allows on street parking.
Like a few said above, the OP will have to shell out more money for their idea of Utopia. Good luck, hope you find it.

Old 07-05-2014, 03:40 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,491,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post

Hahahaha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: